Hello I'll be brief, I'm been "dating" a gal from South East Asia for the last 8 months and we have a had a rocky up and down relationship. Lots of fights, break up make ups...until recently, I came across a lucrative job offer with a 3 year contract working for a global company. I'd would stand to make really good money and pay off my debts...she doesn't like the idea, she wants me to visit her in the fall or she's going to give up, she has expressed that I get any old job, save and visit.

By the way she doesn't work at all, I do. She claims she loves me and I tend to believe her but I'm concerned about her ultimatum given the time frame. My question is simple I presume...if she really loved me and I'm supporting her family and all their needs wouldn't it stand to logic that she'd wait for me??

Firstly, just need to clarify things... you're supporting her family?...after 8 months?

I know there are good girls out there but yeah, just watch that. How did you meet?

The redeeming point of what you said is that she'd prefer a less well-paying job for you and to see you rather than a LDR with potentially more money and less *you*. As I said, I don't want to put a damper on your relationship but I've seen/heard/experienced Asian girls that use the 'sinsod' and LDR route to have multiple guys paying them a constant stream of money. Please don't think I'm attacking your girlfriend, I just like to explore all possibilities.

In theory she *should* wait for you but in general (I know, a stereotype), Asian girls tend to like to get married and have that security quicker than the Westerners so if this is a LDR, which could easily just collapse with even a simple email, she could be feeling that clock ticking. I think she is more worried about that long-term security at the moment than the immediate need for money... so it looks like you've got a pretty big decision ahead.

Archived