A year after breakup and goodbye

It's been a year since my breakup.

I'm writing this as some sort of my last (or amongst the last)posts here for a while because I think that final step

In my healing should be moving away from last things that still kind of keep her in my mind. I must find another way of coping.

I'd like to thank everybody on this forum,as some have helped me directly and others indirectly through their posts,so once again thank you all.

This passing year has been both happy and sad for me. All kind of bad things happened,but on the other hand I learned so much about myself and how to make myself happy.

Although I have moved on a great deal since last january, I'm still not quite where I'm suposed to be. In fact I dont think I had any real visible progress over the last 6 months. And this is partly what made me decide to take a break from ena and some other "habits" I acquired shortly after my breakup.

I still think of my ex pretty much every day,but it doesnt evoke same emotions it used to. I had a few opurtunities to start new relationships but I wasnt feeling quite enthusiastic about it, which confuses me even more because it should then mean I miss my ex,not having a relationship like I used to think about what I miss. But how could I miss her? We are nothing but a strangers now, how can I miss stranger? I havent seen her at all in 9 months,and havent heard from her in about 4 months,and I can miss her?

I'm not even sure she'd recognize me any more, or at least who I am now, this past year has shaped me like nothing before.

I now mer a girl I'd like to have chance with. She seems interesting and beautiful. And this is partly why I'm doing my best to move on, I dont want to screw up this time. But it takes two to tango,so I'll see where it goes. I'm just a little concerned about age difference,she's 18 and I'm 21 , which doesnt seem like a huge difference but I've never dated anybody younger than me. Hope everything works out good this time.

Once again,thank you all for helping me. To those who suffer - it gets easier. To those who think that 30 days of nc is long - a year passes in an eyeblink. Stay strong and don't let others dictate your happiness, your happiness lies within your heart.

Archived