I have recently broken up with my girlfriend

I now wake up and observe who I have become, and I don't like it.

I'm quieter, more stuck up, less friendly, less interesting.

I prefer the person I used to be.

I feel like she has drained the life out of me...

Anywayz... here I awake, this much more quiet person, less sociable,

feeling pretty much dead and lonely.

So how do I become again who I was, the louder and amusing entertainer?

I've lost touch with many friends and those I have not lost touch with are mostly too busy.

So how do I make new friends again, get that feeling of being completely free and return to that lovable, seducing and charming person I used to be, who always had too many parties to go to at once, a plan or three for the night and would be the person you would call when you wanted to have some fun?

I want to love myself again...

-

I don't really know if this would work but it is what I would do. I would slowly ease back into that life style. I would call up my old/close friends and see if they want to make a day just to spend time together, hang out, talk. Just get yourself out there slowly. Good luck. I hope that helps.

I'm going through the same thing right now. It's a new beginning...

I realized how many friends I kind of abandoned when I started seeing my ex. It's sad and I won't let that happen again...I wonder if that's what happened with you. I literally feel like all of my energy has been sucked out of me and was invested completely in my relationship and now in recovering from that relationship...but it's been a few weeks and I'm beginning to see the reality of it all. Life goes on...and now that you're alone you're going to have to learn to look at the world again through ONE SET OF EYES...that's the hardest part I think, but it's also liberating. I felt just as you do. I felt like I was being snobby...people would smile at me and I wuold look down. I had a hard time finding the good in the world. That's probably just depression I think. It's all part of the healing process. I can pretty much guarantee you--you will grow from this...you will become stronger and you will laugh and love harder then you ever have before...it just takes time...time is the most annoying thing in the world because it never stops when you want it to and never speeds up when you need it to....hang in there and take all the time you need to just chill out and take naps...watch TV...do whatever until you become so idle you want to jump out of your skin, then you will be glad to be out and about...and when people smile at you you will smile back...spring is a time for rebirth...I'm going through it with you...I've been through it before though so I know that it gets better...it's just a new experience from which to grow...hope that helps

maybe get back in touch with your old friends, do things you used to do.

I would even get in touch with an old gf (if you had a good friendship).

what kinds of things did you used to do? I have also been in a similar situation, I used to go to movies, the mall, watch old friends sk8 at the sk8 park and all that kind of stuff. that was like more then a year ago and i have recently gotten back into those things and am starting to feel a little better. maybe you should try it.

well you can pm me if you wanna.

hope i helped, good luck,

love Qtpie87

I just want to say that things will get better for you. Maybe not right away or even for afew months. Sometimes a heart needs to grieve alone and leave the social scene for awhile. You will know when you start to feel closer to yourself again. You will feel that urge to go out again. Just don't worry for awhile if you can't do it all. Just be patient.

But how do you guys deal with the social pressure of not having a girlfriend even if it's just for a while? These days, people make you feel like there's something wrong with you if you're not banging someone every night. I would like to dedicate myself to science and study for the next 3 years and put all that energy into it, but I feel like a loser if I'm without a girlfriend??

this is a period you're gonna have to go through, but obviously, it won't last forever. The more you pity yourself, the deeper you'll sink. i'm not saying that you shouldn't have self-pity at all, but don't overdo it. after a while, it will only make you feel worse. let go of everyone and everything that goes. you cannnot have back whoever or whatever is gone, just like every passing day. it is actually as simple as that. force yourself back into life, remember, it's there, ready to welcome you. stop thinking about the person you used to be, and how good things were a couple of months ago, and work on yourself where you are now, and try to find out what you really want for yourself. once you find out, getting to that point will be a lot easier.