Find someone who cherishes You

limichelle

I'll never forget sitting in water coloring class at the local community college next to an older woman with terminal pancreatic cancer. She was taking the class for non credit and for fun.

I had tears in my eyes over the end of a friendship with one of the other students.

I told her it was all my fault and the girl couldn't put up with my depressed moments.

She said something that has resonated with me for 14 years since then!

She looked me straight in the eye and said "Find someone who cherishes you, not just the good parts but the bad sides as well. It sounds easy but it's quite hard to do, because of our error in judgement on how we should be treated. Then when you have that person whether it be Lover or friend they help you to grow in a positive light."

She died one week later towards the end of the semester. It wasn't her cancer that killed her it was her heart had given out the teacher told us who was close to her with tears in her eyes. The teacher asked us each to write or draw a message for her. Then she would take them to her husband.

I wrote a letter thanking her for her last imparted wisdom that I would carry in my heart.

I want to share that wisdom with you.

I see on these forums of those in abusive relationships or wanting someone back that wasn't that great to begin with. Or maybe you are in a non abusive relationship but you feel unappreciated, scared and alone.

It's not easy because we do overlook our self worth. We stay in pain because we fear we can't do better!

That's not true!

I would rather see you happy and alone looking for someone to cherish you, not tear you down and embrace all sides of you. Then miserable in a dead end relationship because of your fear of being alone.

If that man or woman in your life constantly makes you upset or cry or berates you for who you are. Get rid of them!

We all come across those types and we keep repeating those mistakes until we learn.

To find someone who cherishes you so you can grow in a positive light.

That woman's words helped me and I hope they help you.

Lisa

Yes, well said. And I'll add "Find someone you cherish. Not just the good parts, but the bad parts, too." Hold them in a positive light. It's not always easy to do, and sometimes hard to tell if the less than good parts are flaws, glitches, misunderstandings, differences, incompatibilities or red flags.

Archived