O.k.

I've made a thread about asking out for a prom date before. Well the time has come to get this done. doing it is not a problem because rejection doesn't mean much to me. i've been rejected 2x already but girls that are engaged in HS most likely aren't that easy to get to go to prom. haha.

so my dillema is this... i can ask a girl that's a junior who everyone thinks little of now. she is really attractive and I feel bad for her. (she's anorexic-bulimic). People have tried to help her but no one gets through to her. I have that bad feeling no one has asked her yet because of this, despite her being super-attractive and a great person.

or

i can take my mom's best friend's daughter (who is also my friend). she goes to another school. she is only a freshman but we have basically grown up together. she has a boyfriend (who is also a senior at her school) but he seems pretty cool and i'm not about to fool around with someone that young in the first place.

the second option would be cool since we grew up together and all that but the age gap is insane. the first option was my gut instinct (and a girl I considered asking before I knew about her eating habbits) but i found out about her eating habbits and i just don't know.

opinions would be great.

thanks!

I think you should go for it. It's probably easier for you in every way too, plus women like older guys so that helps a lot. Doesn't matter about the age, some people have married and their ages vary from 10 to even 30 years. Yeah, so it's not crazy to like a freshman. What do ya have to lose? Go for it.

I guess the good thing is i wouldn't get dogged on for her looking way too young either... because she's drop dead gorgeous. I think finding a tux is going to be harder than finding a date though. I'm so fashion sensitive I don't want to rent. I'd like to buy myself a nice Marc Ecko tux but that's like $$$. but the cool thing is that it's urban yet very acceptable.

-.ins

Yeah, true. Well if you 2 go to the prom together, you could get her to stop starving herself. This may or may not work, but you could tell her she looks beautiful and might give her her self-esteem back so she doesn't care what she looks like around you. If she becomes "more than a prom date" lol.

The first girl makes the most sense to ask because of the complications with girl #2. I wouldnt try and fix her "problem" as of yet, if you are that concerned then you should realize that anorexia and bulimia are more about emotional/psychological issues rather than something you can just stop doing. These type of problems arent a quick fix, they take time and besides doing all this leading up to prom could cause other potential problems.

wellp 100 posts into enotalone.. i can say i got a prom date.

she was thrilled and real excited. i'm pretty happy right now. my life lately has been the best emotional high i've ever had.

i went with the mom's best friend's daughters choice and i'm happy about it. easier that way and yea.

-.ins