Want Ex back but I have a new girl

baseball211

I've posted a little bit lately about my existence and trying to get her back. But now I have a problem. I've really hit it off with this one girl (we're not official yet). Me and my ex broke up only two weeks ago and I still have feelings for her. I really like this new girl but I'm afraid if I get together with her my ex will want me back at some point and I'll be with someone else, which will hurt my ex. And I don't want to hurt my ex. What do I do?

I would move on. It would not be fair to the girl you are now dating; but let me say something though. You just broke up two weeks ago, and now you're talking to another girl? I don't think that's honestly a wise idea. Sounds kinda like a rebound more than anything.

I would give it 5-6, or even 8-9 months max to start "looking" around. I broke up with my ex five months ago, and I am now going on a date with this guy from college this coming weekend, but its a date preferably for the "fun" of it. Nothing too serious. If it evolves into something serious, that's great. If not, that's cool too.

I wouldn't count on waiting for your ex. I waited for mine but it never worked out too well. Moving on is the best thing to do for yourself, and also keeping yourself single. You don't need someone to help your broken heart.

I agree with jennydanielle.

I think it's way too early for you to be dating someone else if it has only been 2 weeks post break up. Your actions prove that you are not ready to date again considering that you still have feelings for your ex and you're contemplating putting your life on the back burner for if she ever chooses to come back.

I think you need to tell this new girl that you are "Dating" that you are not ready for a relationship. Maybe she is willing to wait for you. Don't be that jerk that strings her along for months and having her under the rouse of hope that you two are in a loving relationship and then dump her because "you were never ready for a relationship", "you are still in love with your ex", or the classic "I need to focus on myself."

Take some time for yourself. You will never move on from your ex if you are jumping from one person to another.

Once a relationship is over with there should be a certain amount of time given before seeking someone else, out of respect and to get past that said relationship so as not to be rebounding. It takes more time than 2 weeks!

And if you're not sure you're over your ex and still think there is a tiny glimmer of hope that you two will get back together, don't bring someone else into the situation...you will regret it, she will regret it...it will be a whole bunch of nonsense when all you need to do is stay back and give it more time to get over your ex or to see if you can get back together with her.

Just continue dating. Your 'ex' strung you along and put you in the friendzone. Stop putting your life on hold for her. If your ex didn't want to 'hurt' she would not have broken up.

I've really hit it off with this one girl. I really like this new girl but I'm afraid if I get together with her my ex will want me back at some point and I'll be with someone else, which will hurt my ex.
same ex?

Archived