I miss him so much

Gaynor

We started working together about a year ago, and last week he left to move 2 hours away.

I felt that in the time we worked together, we were really close. We became really good friends, and during the past few months I realised my feelings were getting deeper.

But he was in a long term relationship for a few years, so I knew I had to keep my feelings to myself.

Everyone would comment on the chemistry between us, I don't think I imagined it.

Anyway, not long before he was due to leave, his girlfriend broke up with him.

When he left, I felt and still do feel so sad and upset. He promised to stay in touch etc but I don't know 😥.

He left last week and we've exchanged texts...but I just feel like maybe now the connection has ended and just keep feeling sad and depressed.

I'm in my early thirties he's 8 years younger this just makes me even more depressed.

Is there anything I can do or is it just a case of what will be, will be?

Just feel so lost at the moment.

It sounds like he thinks of you fondly as a good friend, but never felt that type of connection because he had a gf at the time...Just stay friends and find romance elsewhere.

He left last week and we've exchanged texts...but I just feel like maybe now the connection has ended and just keep feeling sad and depressed.

Sorry to say, it doesn't sound like romantic love is a likely scenario. In the future, don't fall for men in a relationship, it only causes heartache. It's very easy to get close to people you work with and develop feelings. But besides not being the best place to start a romance (though it does occasionally work out), when someone is "taken," you can't let yourself go there. It's not fair to yourself. Even if they drop their significant other and begin dating you, you become a rebound and it seldom lasts. You're young and have a world of opportunities ahead of you. You'll find love that makes this feel like a silly office crush.

Archived