Baby at Our Wedding?

It's your wedding, your money, your rules. I see nothing at all wrong with an adult only wedding, regardless of theme. Not everyone is enamored with children and not everyone who has children are effectively responsible for them at events.

Being offended is a choice. You won't be offended if some guests won't be able to attend because of their children and so if some of your guests are offended because their children are not invited, then that's their issue.

I do think you should send out an email and/or post a very clear follow up notice to your guests that this is a child inappropriate venue/theme and safe accommodations are not available for children, therefore children are not invited. Otherwise, I can imagine you will have many clueless or rude guests showing up unannounced with their children in tow. And after you send out the no children notice, I would personally contact your close friends and politely explain your position. If they can't attend, then so be it. They can watch the video after.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and good luck with the wedding planning, at the end of the day it's your day along with your fiancé so let it be your rule that there is no kids allowed, e mail everyone in a friendly tone reminding them to get their sitter organised in plenty of time so they can relax at the wedding, anyway not your job to please anyone on the day but yourselves,,, your not gonna have another day that's yours!!!

Archived