Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Hair products for men

Wolfshook

What would be the best hair product to use to achieve normal dry look but that holds hair a bit up?

My hairdresser used something like a cream (it was in a tube),but she doesnt really tell me what that is and she is selling this for a huuuuuge price,that is simply too big for me.

I dont understand differences between paste,wax, cream etc.

I'd like to achieve something similair to josh duhamels style (look for the photos without oily hair).

I googled Josh Duhamel/ hair products and one site suggested Bumble and Bumble products for men... Google their website and check out what products they carry that might be what you need. The haircut matters too. I would think just giving it a look-see the Bb texture creme might work for you. Hopefully some guy will post products they actually use that works for you.

I use American Crew Fiber to shape my hair, and then hairspray afterwards depending on how much hold I want. My profile pic is one of me with this product in my hair (my hair was longer then, so I was slicking it back and using hairspray after the fiber). I LOVE American Crew hair products for men.

Wolf, I highly recommend you try Paul Mitchell's green tea shaping cream. Not only is it the best smelling product in hair styling, but it also has good hold strength and doesn't leave your hair dry. I also give it problems because it doesn't use tons of chemicals and things that can damage your scalp/hair follicles. If you look on the web, you can get it cheaper than the stores (stores want 20 bucks a tub, I get it cheaper).

I've been styling my hair for over 10 years now. I've tried everything; paste, glues, waxes, you name it. I'm permanently stuck on the tea tree shaping cream. I think over the years, the other stuff out there has irreversibly damaged my hair. You have to be careful of what you use. I recommend the shaping cream, it doesn't take much, and it doesn't have them nasty chemicals in it that are bad for your hair.

Archived