Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Thoughts

jjw1

Sorry if this is a little long I have a question my friend lost his job recently he has been pretty down, me and another friend offered to pitch in for gas on his motorcycle to ride to another state. We typically will ride to another state to visit people we know just to get away. So my friend has reservations about going because he feels guilty about leaving his family to have a little fun for himself. He has been busting his ass to find work and has always taken care of his family in the past. We thought it would be good for him to get away a decompress due to tension at home too. Plus, he feels bad taking money from us but he would do the same if circumstances were different. So he told us to figure out when we would be leaving and let him know. So I get a text from the friend that we are helping, asking about camping and staying in the state. My friend had clearly expressed an interest in going on the out of state until now. My question is this shoul I feel upset because now he wants to change the plan to suit him because he feels guilty? Especially since we are offering to finance it because we didn't want him to feel left out.

Besides feeling guilty about accepting anything, he may feel guilty leaving the family when he's in a funk or doesn't want to get flack at home.

I get a text from the friend that we are helping, asking about camping and staying in the state.

Archived