I was dating a guy for 6 months and things were going great except that it started to move too fast. He was definitely more into the relationship so I never ever doubted his feelings for me and I cared about him a lot too. We were long distance for most of it but I had agreed to uproot my life and move back home so we could be together. Then, toward the end we started fighting a lot (probably out of frustration) and had one last big blow out which resulted in me breaking up with him. He was really upset however after a few days i realized I made a mistake and I tried getting back together and he refused which shocked me since he had begged me not to dump him in the first place . He quickly started dating other people and had a new girlfriend within 2 months .

Well, we went for five months with no contact (except for me sending him a birthday text early on) and then he randomly bumped into one of my friends. Tbey chatted and she told him I had in fact moved back home. A few days later I get a text from him! I was shocked and elated because even after all that time I was still really heartbroken and missed him so badly. We just made small talk and he slipped it in that he had just broken up with his gf but strangely he was still really short with me. He started vaguely bringing up all this stuff that he had been through but said it was too long to text so I suggested getting coffee. He agreed but then a couple days later, I followed up to make a plan and he was like "maybe. I'm really busy these days so I can't commit to anything just yet ....I'll let you know." I was so heartbroken all over again. I'm so confused as to why he bothered to reach out to me after all this time and quickly let me know he had broken up with his gf but seem like he doesn't want to see me after all? Any insight would be helpful!

maybe he wanted to let you know that he's in the same boat as you are, but not necessarily want to restart something. besides, if he didn't want to be with you when you tried to get back together with him, it's over. case closed. you need to close the book on that story. hope u can pick yourself up to move on. i know it's hard, but it's all part of growing up.

Ok thanks for the input. You're probably right. It just sucks because I was slowly making progress at moving on then boom he contacts me. I feel like it was a setback but yes I need to close the book on it once and for all and stop wasting more of my life hung up on one dude

He was hoping for an easy sex-with-the-ex hook-up after his break-up, not to reconcile or rehash anything. Maybe they made up in the mean time so he got it there instead and went poof again.

I'm so confused as to why he bothered to reach out to me after all this time and quickly let me know he had broken up with his gf but seem like he doesn't want to see me after all?

He's either 1. unsure of even reconnecting with you again, and just going back to nc.

or 2. playing hard to get because reminding himself of the fact you broke up with him hurts so hes smart not to dive in back again so soon

I would just leave it. Trust that you broke up with him for a reason, I'm sure he doesn't hate you

but after someone dumps you things just arent the same anymore. There's a quote that says "people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Archived