Help, Falling hard for a good friend!

hmm I don't know where to begin... So your gonna have to bare with me.

I am so confused at the moment. Currentlty my girlfired of 2 years and I are having a "break" from one another. Basically I love her, but I am confused about my feelings. Last weekend, I went away with a mate of mine. During the weekend I got to catch up with a very good friend of mine (a girl), we went out, and just hung out like friends do all night, had a great time. This girl, i have been friends with for about 5 years, however we have hardly ever seen each other in person because we live so far apart, and my actual girlfriend (whom i am having a break from) won't let me be friends with her.

Anyhow, This friend of mine, is an amazing girl. She makes me laugh, and I have so much fun with her. The think I am confused about my feelings now. Don't get me wrong, I am in love with my Girlfriend, but this other friend of mine, She is so awesome! I really think I like her alot.

I need some advice on what to do here. I think about this chick friend of mine alot. However I don't know if I should tell her how I am feeling, because I know she is not looking for a BF currently, and she IS NOT the kind of girl that really wants to be in a relationship. But I can't stop thinking about her. I feel like I want to be with her. We talk on the phone every night, and we email each other all day while we are at work... *sigh*

Any advice I can get from you guys on this would be apreciated. I am so confused. This chick friend of mine, she has always been there for me, and when she is sad, I just want to hold her (she has had a terrorible life) and tell her everything is gonna be okay. She is nothing like my current girlfriend of 2 years... Arrr the more I think about it the more I get confused. Please help!

Well firstly, I don't know what to do?, but this is what I think- you could be picking up on a mutual attraction. I'd be scoping if I were you, like ask her "whats on your horizon, any love interests" sorta thing - if shes got any insight she will know why your asking and hint back to what you need to do. If you've got the balls, and are sure you want her - ask her straight out. Some time out may be required to weigh up which one you want. A list of positives and negatives for both may sound mundane but has helped me in the past.

Whatever you do - please don't do anything until your sure. Its not fair if you do.

Hope this helps - from a fellow ozzie 8)

Yeh thanks dood, but I am just worried that it will totally risk our friendship if I ask her. hmm i still and so unsure... she is sush an amazingly cool chick... I don't want to loose her as a friend, but I kinda wish we were together, because I would have so much fun with her...

well on woman perspective, try to tell her about your feelings try to talk to your chik girl and lets see what will happen...maybe what you are feeling right now to your friend is just a big crush and if you think that your love to your gf has gone maybe wrong....its just that it was overlooked or you too overwhelmed by your feelings to your friend...