Would you do a vblog about a medical issue?

I did once do a vlog about mental health. Regret it, because I wasn't in a position to receive the criticisms and then the troll things, and people who felt it was okay to use me as a scapegoat for whatever went wrong in their life. I mean, 75% of it was positive and most people just wanted to be able to relate. I did stop doing it, did it for perhaps 6 months. This was before I even came to ENA.

At the time I was not concerned about anonymity. I am now. Now I have a written blog. It is unapologetic and totally uncensored. Surprisingly, I have only had several off comments in a few hundred. And I do have the option not to approve those, but I usually do.

I recommend starting with a written one, personally. People search by tag and topics of interest to them, so you will hit your target audience, it's not like here where you just have a mish mosh of random topics. If you feel comfortable with that, then maybe an audio or vlog.

Yeah, maybe best. Might take away from time here. Only so many hours in a day and life as we know. I would say I am pretty strong mentally right now I don't take too much BS to heart. I found a saying : We are all trying to get through life try not to be a "" and rhymes with the word punt . Lol

As long as you know that works for YOU.

How everyone processes things is different and one way is not better than the other .

You posted a thread and asked for advice. Which means, you should consider the advice that's given to you.

Even if it's different. If you came into this thread expecting bunch of padding on the back, well that's your mistake (you probably shouldn't have posted to begin with). Sounds like you already made up your mind before even posting.

Go on and do it, I'm sure me and others here will support you if you decide to do it.

You posted a thread and asked for advice. Which means, you should consider the advice that's given to you.

Even if it's different. If you came into this thread expecting bunch of padding on the back, well that's your mistake (you probably shouldn't have posted to begin with). Sounds like you already made up your mind before even posting.

Go on and do it, I'm sure me and others here will support you if you decide to do it.

I consider advice that is given, I don't have to take advice that is not compatible with who I am and I like who I am , thanks.

It will be to bring hope to other people . And you can turn off the comment section .

If you turn off the comment section you'll miss out on the feedback and connection with the people that you've helped / reached.

I think that if you have a unique perspective or experience with the condition(s) you want to talk about, that the ability to reach some people and maybe help them is worth the risk of some of the negatives that you'll encounter. (negatives especially prevalent on youtube).

If I thought you were just looking for support I'd advise against it because as you know, youtube can be brutal and I think it would be self-defeating if done for that purpose. If your purpose is to help others and you have something to offer them I'd say go for it.

If you turn off the comment section you'll miss out on the feedback and connection with the people that you've helped / reached.

I think that if you have a unique perspective or experience with the condition(s) you want to talk about, that the ability to reach some people and maybe help them is worth the risk of some of the negatives that you'll encounter. (negatives especially prevalent on youtube).

If I thought you were just looking for support I'd advise against it because as you know, youtube can be brutal and I think it would be self-defeating if done for that purpose. If your purpose is to help others and you have something to offer them I'd say go for it.

True , if I cut off comments I might miss valuable stuff. If my son can handle comments I can too.

True , if I cut off comments I might miss valuable stuff. If my son can handle comments I can too.

Just an idea.... you might be able to use Youtube with comments disabled for video hosting....and then use something like wordpress and embed your videos there. I'm not 100% sure, you'd have to look into it, but I think wordpress gives you the ability to block people individually from your blog there.

If you do it, good luck.

Just an idea.... you might be able to use Youtube with comments disabled for video hosting....and then use something like wordpress and embed your videos there. I'm not 100% sure, you'd have to look into it, but I think wordpress gives you the ability to block people individually from your blog there.

If you do it, good luck.

Thanks.

I know a woman battling Stage 4 TNBC. She has a vlog on You Tube and a FB blog. She does a lot of good and there have been NO crazies. Have more faith in people, folks. Most people are good. I've lived a long time and have seen this proven time and time again. Bad people are out there, but they are greatly outnumbered by the good.

I know a woman battling Stage 4 TNBC. She has a vlog on You Tube and a FB blog. She does a lot of good and there have been NO crazies. Have more faith in people, folks. Most people are good. I've lived a long time and have seen this proven time and time again. Bad people are out there, but they are greatly outnumbered by the good.

I am optimistic most people arnt bad.

Archived