My ex girlfriend moved/ lost feelings, but I still love her and want her back.

kareldf

My ex girlfriend and I have dated for about 2 years and they were the best years of my life. We were both so happy and in love, it was intimate and we were always together. Not only was she my girlfriend, but my best friend as well. I'll admit, I was the jealous and possessive type but it was my first relationship and I didn't know better. we did have constant arguments and fights but we always found our way back to each other. there was this point in Febuary where we constantly argued and then just mutually broke up. at first I was okay with it because she was quite possessive herself, but I'll admit I've missed her and loved her no less than the first time I've ever seen her. we became friends again about a month ago and I caved in and begged her back. she said that she was over me and I'm gonna have to move on. but from that point we were still friends. a couple nights ago, we ended up hooking up with each other and she told me that she didn't want to hurt me anymore or lead me on any more than she already has. I haven't talked to her since and I don't want this friendship to end this way, I still want to be friends with her. its been 3 months since the break up and she has moved on so easily while I'm still here hurting and willing to do anything to get her back. not to mention that she's going away for college around September and is busy during the summer. please help me out on ways I could get her back into my arms.

Although your stinging, you're going to have to lay back a bit and give her breathing room. Don't try for hook-ups segueing to friends or the other way around. Stay real busy for a while.

a couple nights ago, we ended up hooking up with each other and she told me that she didn't want to hurt me anymore or lead me on any more than she already has.

You're just experiencing the feeling of being pissed/depressed that the person who once loved you, and you still care about, doesn't reciprocate those feelings and appears to not have trouble moving on from the relationship like you're having. If you were out talking to and seeing other girls, and your ex was hitting you up because she was aware of this, then I bet you wouldn't be as upset as you are right now.

That's exactly how she's moving on so easily. She knows you're still around and thinking about her all the time and she know she could get back or hook up with you anytime she wants. There's nothing for her to worry about or have to come to terms with is there? You messed up by caving and begging her to get back with you. Your best move now is to go no contact and force yourself to go out and socialize and talk/hook up with new girls.

At first it'll be forced but eventually you will just separate yourself from being connected with your ex and you'll be good again.

I know you might not believe it, and no matter how many people tell

You, you'll think you're the exception... But you're never going to have your first relationship last or reconcile and go back to how things were. Everyone breaks up with their first love. That's why it's called first love. Go find your second.. Third. Etc.

And fighting everyday , constant jealousy and insecurity... Isn't a good healthy relationship. You need to fix that first and foremost. No amount of jealousy or controlling your partner will prevent them from cheating on you... The sooner you realize that the better. Either someone is the kind of person who will cheat, or they're not. You have 0 control on that. Accept that when you fall in love with someone, you are completely vulnerable to them breaking your heart. It sucks, but that's just how it is. The more you get jealous and fight over things like that, the more likely they are to leave you.. Which is exactly what you're trying to prevent in the first place. So become happy independently first on your own before getting into your next relationship in order to rely less on that person.

The best years of your life shouldn't be because another person was In it

Archived