still online dating

judithhz

I posted a thread a week ago.

I was hesitating to respond a message, which looks very sincere.

Two days ago I wrote it back.

The problem is:

In his message he left his number. For security reason I still wrote back through the website.

Do you think there is some possibility that he quitted the website and wants to text instead?

Most people will give their number or ask for yours to advance the conversation easier. Its hard writing back and forth on the website for too long. I usually wait until I've exchanged a few messages with someone before giving my number just to make sure we're on the same page, interested in the same things etc. I've given out my number early before and then been hit with overt sexual texts right away so to make sure that's not going to happen I like to ask what someone is looking for etc and get a feel for what they want- doesn't have to be a LOT of messaging just enough to gauge if we're looking for the same thing.

I think he probably just wanted to move the conversation to text, don't over think it. I think you tend to over think things given your last post and googling this guy before even talking to him. I would just relax and take it easy, tell him you'd rather talk about through the site at first if you're not comfortable giving our your number, most decent people will comply.

Agree with Robin in both senses. If someone gives me their number before a conversation really gets going, or before asking for hers then I'll move on. Mostly because it takes a lot to keep me interested/intrigued in OLD. I doubt he "quit" the site to be texted, but even if he did it's not your problem, it's his. To feel safer you can always try other phone messengers that doesn't require a cell phone number to be given out (Kik, Snapchat, Whatsapp). It still keeps your privacy, and you can move on to instant messaging/"texting" via this route.

Go at your own pace and comfort level. Obviously he has no problem giving out his number basically on the very first message and that is fine for him but that doesn't mean you are obligated to give yours out so soon.

If he is interested he will wait.

Remember this guy is a total stranger to act accordingly.

Lost

Archived