Extremely hard to read this girl I met online!!

OzSide

I've been texting this girl a little bit over a week and we've been talking everyday. She gives signals that suggest she's attracted to me, but does other things that contradict this. Second day of texting I initiated talking to her, we talked back and forth at a good pace. I brought up how I like girls wearing ponytails, a bit later in the conversation, she randomly sends a pic of herself wearing a ponytail. During the same conversation I casually mention I like tummies, and a bit later while during a unrelated topic, she sends pics of her tummy. At this point, I could take this as she's attracted to me, or that she's an attention seeker. Then the next day I try to see if she'll initiate texting me, I cave in real late in the evening and text her first, sure enough we talk back and forth at a decent pace, she even responds to my texts that don't need a response (such as 'mhm' or simply when I text an emoji). She also asks me things, she wonders 'why?' to this and that. This makes me believe she's not an attention seeker, she seems curious about me, keeps the conversation going. She's even opened up to me about some very personal issues. Though, she never has initiated the first text of the day even when I wait real late to text her. I've read that this could be due to her liking guys chasing her, and/or she's shy and doesn't want to text at a wrong time and be vulnerable. Though I can't help but worry that she still hasn't initiated after all this rapport. So last night I tried to a bit of action role play, for example: *I poke your side* kinda stuff (which she usually goes along with in a semi-flirty way). So I say 'how bout some cuddles?' and she playfully says 'noooooooooo' and right after she talks about a guy that thought she liked him, when she really DIDN'T like him in return. So I instantly assumed she was trying to communicate something along the lines of 'hey look, I don't want you to get the wrong idea'. So I continued the conversation asking about past relationships, yada yada. I asked her if guys have mistaken her for liking them before, and she said there has, but said she didn't want to lead them on and told them she didn't like them that way. I said 'ahhh ok, cause I was curious if you were being nice or had some attraction toward me' and she said 'lol' 'who knows?' So there's this part of me that thinks she may be an attention seeker, or is leading me on for fun, or she just likes talking to anybody that likes talking to her, but another part of me that thinks she actually likes me in that way. Any thoughts???

Well, catfish are like that.

We talk on KIK, it has a feature that shows when she sends a pic in realtime. No chance that she's a catfish.

Meeting her in real life might clear that up. Why are you bothering with all this texting?

This is long distance, states away. Opinions on long distance relationships aside, any thoughts if she likes me from what I described she does?

Have you tried calling or skyping or a taking things to the next level? Kik is known for preserving users' anonymity, such as allowing users to register without providing a telephone number, and preventing users from being located on the service...so it may well be a scammer or catfish or some 50 year old 700 lb guy in a trailer. Anyone can send a pic of anything. Ask for a phone number and talk or ask to skype. Whoever this is will probably make up excuses that they can't do that.

Have you trying calling or skyping or a taking things to the next level? Kik is known for preserving users' anonymity, such as allowing users to register without providing a telephone number, and preventing users from being located on the service...so it may well be a scammer or catfish or some 50 year old 700 lb guy in a trailer. Anyone can send a pic of anything. Ask for a phone number and talk or ask to skype. Whoever this is will probably make up excuses that they can't do that.

She agreed to skyping, I have her Skype name. Also, as I said, KIK has a feature that lets you know when a pic is taken in real time, she has taken multiple pics of herself in realtime. From the responses I'm getting, I think everyone that's commented here so far is just as in the dark about if she likes me as I am from what I described she does. : (

Then skype to talk real-time and you will know more. By the way, we are not in the dark about whether she likes you or not, you are. We don't even know if she's real

Yea Skyping will clear some things up. What I meant by saying everyone is in the dark, is that the comments have been focused on if she's real rather than giving any input on her behavior. I'll say again, for a third time, KIK has a feature that doesn't let you fake picture taking. Thanks for the feedback anyway Wiseman.

You could try asking her how she feels about you. Tell her you are confused by her behavior. I'm in an online/ long distance relationship and we skype everyday and we are meeting in July. If I'm confused about something with him then I just ask.

Lisa

Archived