Feel like friends and I aren't as close anymore?

Hello

Thanks for reading this in advance

I have this group of friends (about 17 people, mostly couples, just one single person) since about 3 years. I got to know them all through a girl named S. S. is my best friend since 13 years, we met in highschool. Now all of us have jobs and a serious relationship. Since a few months I've been feeling like we're growing apart. We don't hang out as much as we used to or text as much as we used to and I miss that. It's usually me who asks to hang out if it's just the two of us. When something happens, I'm not the one who gets texted anymore and I find out through mutual friends or months later from her.

There's one girl in our group, let's call her B. and she's also a good friend/best friend of S. When we're in group, B. always catches S's attention and sometimes I feel left out. They do fun stuff together too (not a lot) but then I wonder if S is the one who initiates hanging out because she doesn't do that with me.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing and if you need any more details, let me know.

To be honest I feel a bit stupid when I feel like this. It's like I'm jealous of other friendships when I'm 26 and that's not some part of me I like.

The relationship with the rest of the group of friends has faded a bit too. We're all busy so we don't hang out as often as we used to anymore but I do my best to hang out when I can.

Friends come and go. Remember this.

Also, as people mature, their priorities change. Often, while young, friends are a priority. Once you are in a serious relationship, that becomes priority (and requires hard work and lot of time). Then there is homes........and kids.....jobs and next thing you know there is VERY little to NO time left for friends.

In general, as a married guy and a father of 4, I would say "friends" are probably in the teen #s of my priorities in life.....

Life is dynamic. People grow and change. People move on to things like jobs and relationships which take precedence over hanging out. Make and maintain friendships from various area of life. New friends are always good to have in addition to old friends. Try not to get overly dependent on any one friend.

Now all of us have jobs and a serious relationship. Since a few months I've been feeling like we're growing apart. It's like I'm jealous of other friendships.
Life is dynamic. People grow and change. People move on to things like jobs and relationships which take precedence over hanging out. Make and maintain friendships from various area of life. New friends are always good to have in addition to old friends. Try not to get overly dependent on any one friend.

... especially if they end up sleeping with your partner!

Honestly, most of my friends are long-distance these days, though I have a local friend I have lunch with a out once a week. As you age, your social circle often shrinks. My fiancé is my best friend, and with work, life and a baby on the way, there's not much time or energy for other things.

Archived