A CRUSH when I am already with someone?!?

elizmdavis

I have a crush on a guy I met a few months ago when he came into town to visit \ . I have ties to this guy because he is the brother of my best friend's fiancee. My life was the same ol' trying to find happiness with my current boyfriend and living my same routine life.

After the first night that he hung out with my friends and I , I knew I had a crush on him. I know that this type of attraction doesn't happen often so this time, when it did, I knew it and it was mutual. I had butterflies the whole next day until I saw him again, the day after that, and even after he left.

We both were in exclusive relationships which in turn caused us to repress the want to get to know eachother...that kinda sucked because I wanted to get to know him and I felt like I had to hold back because I was sooo attracted to him! Drawn to him I should say. We even let eachother know that "Hey, you are a cool guy/girl" because it was obvious plus, currently, my friends tell me that he liked me and vice a versa...probably not a good idea since we are both still with someone.

Even when I tried to keep my days normal, and be with my boyfriend, do my normal thing, this crush and the butterflies were strong inside of me. THis is still how l feel to this day. I will not let this crush deter my relationship with my guy but, this crush threw my world for a loop, a complete 360, and I don't even know why! Can any of you analytical geniouses help me try and figure out my confusion??

BTW.... he is coming back here in a month to find work so he can move here, I am going to see him again, after all these months, its exciting but its scary!!

P.S. My friends swear that I am going to marry this crush, LoL, even his brother says so! Those kidders!!

Have you questioned why you are trying to find happiness with your current bf? How long & how well do you know e/o? Because if you 2 have been together for years or long time, then perhaps, you know something about yourself that he doesn't in regards to what makes you happy. Do you see a future w/ your current bf? Also how well do you know this new guy? It maybe b/c it's just a phase. You will want to compare & contrast these 2 guys as well.

I dont find it as anything odd that you have a crush on this new guy given the status of your relationship. Your relationship with your bf from your perspective seems to be on the dull side and has lost excitement. I think you should think about if this guy is an indicator, meaning that you need to think about your relationship. You are 21 and you are still young, what are your expectations (if any) of your current relationship? Im not saying that this guy you have a crush on is gonna be the guy you are gonna get married to but I think it has made some issues in your relationship apparent. In order for you to move forward with a decision (whatever that maybe) you need to think abou these issues, and if you are having problems with them, then they need to be discuss and solved. I have refrained from bringing in anything emotional especially how you feel about your bf or how you feel about the crush, because at this point I dont feel that either are relevant. What you need to do is examine what you have realized look towards reaching a plausible solution.