Why being nerdy is such a turn OFF?

al7

What do you girls find nerdy about this pic?

It is obviously either the dog, or the clothes since we dont see the head of the guy.

Could you tell me why this pic is nerdy? Is it a bad pic at all?

The clothes are a bit, um and wearing them in that way deffinitly isn't helping!

And who just accidently invents a motorized dog..lmao! (The posture could be a little better) But really, that's the steryotype for a 'nerd' so because I don't know how this guy acts, all I can do is assume that either the steryotype is true or false.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clothes are a bit, um and wearing them in that way deffinitly isn't helping!

And who just accidently invents a motorized dog..lmao! (The posture could be a little better)

what that "um." mean? So the clothes is nerdy? Why??

Heh, use a yahoo account or somthing to upload that picture.

Syteph wrote:

"If you are overly interested in something (as in overly interested) then it doesn't really seem like you have much time for anything (or anyone) else in your life! That's a huge turn off, because it's like feeling that tech decks give the guy more excietment then him seeing your face, or spending time with you. "

I dont know, I feel its always good to have somthing your overly interested in. If you dont have that then you have to depend on others for your happiness. I dont think theres anything wrong with 2 people having thier own life. Hey Ill see ya on the weekend, we arent married. I know too many people that cant feel good unless they are out drinking with thier buddies or with some girlfriend.

Ok, we have 2 parts of a nerd:

1. He is into his hobby a lot (computers or stamp doesn matter)

2. He doesnt care much about being styling.

So what is the turn off? 1 or 2?

Both of them are a turn off. Not being stylish isnt that big a turn off, but it can be annoying when you turn up for a date, dressed up and looking all pretty, and then your boyfriend turns up looking like a bum off the street. (or, even worse, looking like his mummy bought his clothes for him, half price at K-mart).

If he's overly interested in something, and i'm not overly interested in it.. well, i'll just go with what Skyteph said.

Ok, we have 2 parts of a nerd:

1. He is into his hobby a lot (computers or stamp doesn matter)

2. He doesnt care much about being styling.

So what is the turn off? 1 or 2?

Both of them are a turn off. Not being stylish isnt that big a turn off, but it can be annoying when you turn up for a date, dressed up and looking all pretty, and then your boyfriend turns up looking like a bum off the street. (or, even worse, looking like his mummy bought his clothes for him, half price at K-mart).

If he's overly interested in something, and i'm not overly interested in it.. well, i'll just go with what Skyteph said.

Sorry I am not getting it. Are you dating a guy or his clothes? Whats bad about half-price at K-mart?

image removed

Here is the original question of this forum in its visual form:

What do you girls find nerdy about this pic?

It is obviously either the dog, or the clothes since we dont see the head of the guy.

Could you tell me why this pic is nerdy? Is it a bad pic at all?

What you dislike about the pic why why?

Well it looks like we are dealing with a situation where someone wants someone for looks not personality. Simple as that. The guy in the picture would not make an Americal Idol tryout. Hence many girls would rather pass on him. Either you change and increase your chances of looking like a popular person or wait for a mature woman to like you for who you are.

Well it looks like we are dealing with a situation where someone wants someone for looks not personality. Simple as that. The guy in the picture would not make an Americal Idol tryout. Hence many girls would rather pass on him. Either you change and increase your chances of looking like a popular person or wait for a mature woman to like you for who you are.

So it is not about the dog there, it is about the clothes.

What is actually bad about this clothes?

What do I find nerdy about that picture?

Okay. One, he's wearing clothes that my grandpa would probably wear (if I had one, lol.), and (to me) looks like he's standing all slouchy, like some old guy. And he's gotta be wearing those pants up past his bellybutton and his shirt's tucked in..!! Ew, lol. XDDDDD

The dog is fine, that hasn't got anything to do with his nerdiness -- except for how he's saying "I accidentally invented a motorized dog" -- he sounds like he thinks he's all cool and smart and all that, but really, he isnt. In other words, loser.

Is the pic bad at all? Yes, lol. But the dog is mad. XD

Sorry I am not getting it. Are you dating a guy or his clothes? Whats bad about half-price at K-mart?

Haha, the guy, of course. But that's exactly what I mean.. if you're going out to some posh restraunt for dinner, and the girl is all dressed up and pretty, i'm sure she'd like her guy to have taken some care in his appearance, not have chucked on some bum clothes his mum got for him at K-mart six years ago.

Well it looks like we are dealing with a situation where someone wants someone for looks not personality.

You're so lucky I just got over my PMS.

The "coolest" guys dont dress like that. Nothing is wrong with the clothes, but those clothes are for very reserved laid back people. Personally i dont mind dressing in those kind of clothes but if i was going out with a girl Id have a polo shirt and some bluegeans, sneakers or some BDU pants and a regular black tshirt.

Just like you want to be seen out at the movies with a "10" she wants to feel the same way. You dont dress like your married.

Dating a guy requires looking at his clothes XD If he makes you feel like you are around an old grandpa then you aren't going to feel all bubblyand flirty, are you

and like, wearing pants too high is never a good thing! I mean, if your girlfriend wore 'slacks' pulled up under her breasts, plain t-shirts and had horrible posture, giving you the impression that she wasn't you're flirty attractive girlfriend, would you still want to get in her pants? (after the 10 or 15 minutes it took to get them down from so high up )

Lets be real. You really want to be seen with a HOT guy you can show off to your friends. I understand. I feel the same way about girls. BUT personality will be put on the back burner.

Of course you do! Or even a guy that you feel is fairly attractive, you don't want to be ashamed to say "This is my boyfriend" afterall. Lol.

Personality does count, however if when ever you look at the guy you feel like vomiting in horror, or laughing so hard at him you get a stitch, your physical life isn't going to get very far

Dating a guy requires looking at his clothes XD If he makes you feel like you are around an old grandpa then you aren't going to feel all bubblyand flirty, are you

and like, wearing pants too high is never a good thing! I mean, if your girlfriend wore 'slacks' pulled up under her breasts, plain t-shirts and had horrible posture, giving you the impression that she wasn't you're flirty attractive girlfriend, would you still want to get in her pants? (after the 10 or 15 minutes it took to get them down from so high up )

I just dont get it. Ok, it might be not very attractive. But why would I care about her clothes??? Let her wear what she is comfortable with. I dont care about her clothes at all, I do care what kinda girl she is.

I just dont get it. Ok, it might be not very attractive. But why would I care about her clothes??? Let her wear what she is comfortable with. I dont care about her clothes at all, I do care what kinda girl she is.

Ever heard the saying The clothes make the man.? Because dressing with that little bit of style does make you seem hotter, because it makes you seem like you care more about taking care of yourself physically (Not saying you don't).

I mean, if your girlfriend wore 'slacks' pulled up under her breasts, plain t-shirts and had horrible posture, giving you the impression that she wasn't you're flirty attractive girlfriend, would you still want to get in her pants? (after the 10 or 15 minutes it took to get them down from so high up )

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Just like you want to be seen out at the movies with a "10" she wants to feel the same way. You dont dress like your married.

and:

Lets be real. You really want to be seen with a HOT guy you can show off to your friends. I understand. I feel the same way about girls. BUT personality will be put on the back burner.

For that first one, I love you. Right now I can't word anything I want to say properly. XD That one pretty much says it.

As for the second one, not really, although no one wants to be ashamed of saying "this is my boyfriend". I dont know about guys, but after a girl introduces her boyfriend and then he goes away, if he's like, the ugliest thing they've ever seen or mr. dickheadoftheyear, they're all going to be telling her how she could do so much better than that.

I read on link removed that some men get in a relationship where the notsohot woman grows on them and they wish she simply looked more attractive. The key is striking a balance between looks and personality.

I dont think i could ever talk to a 300 pounder myself, but if a girl has a average looking body and face and not stuck up high maintenance and we love spending our weekends together thats a great combination.

i guess maybe what everyone means, is about dressing your age. The person in the picture may be 50 years old or he may be an 18 year old that doesnt know how to dress. And if you dress like your 50 maybe you will act like your 50. And the truth is we cant see his personality from the picture so our impressions are based on what he is wearing.

I love you.

i guess maybe what everyone means, is about dressing your age. The person in the picture may be 50 years old or he may be an 18 year old that doesnt know how to dress. And if you dress like your 50 maybe you will act like your 50. And the truth is we cant see his personality from the picture so our impressions are based on what he is wearing.

Yeah that's what i meant

Aren't guys supposed to be the ones who're more concerned with what a potential partner looks like? (being so visual and all )

While the guy wearing really cruddy clothes isnt that big a turn off (Skye, do you remember back to when I liked A and he wore that really gay chunko knitted wool sweater? XD), its like, the biggest turn on when they do wear nice clothes. (like J with his Von Dutch. grrr. And N. omgomgomg.

Aren't guys supposed to be the ones who're more concerned with what a potential partner looks like? (being so visual and all )

Yeah, I read in an article once (so the assumption has been made that it was correct ) that in recent years girls have become more picky with guy's appearances due to the fact that there has been so much pressure on themselves to look good.

What are you talking about.. haha. Guys do not date clothes.

They date women (nice and cute) regardless of what kinda clothes they wear. Guys do not care about what she is wearing.

Yeah, I read in an article once (so the assumption has been made that it was correct ) that in recent years girls have become more picky with guy's appearances due to the fact that there has been so much pressure on themselves to look good.

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges pls.

Pressure, yes. Guys want attractive girls and girl cannot do much about it, you cant chage your looks by new clothes or makeup or new hair style.

It is so simple.......

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges pls.

Pressure, yes. Guys want attractive girls and girl cannot do much about it, you cant chage your looks by new clothes or makeup or new hair style.

It is so simple.......

Guy's want attractive girls, girls want attractive guys, let it go before you contradict yourself.

And I'll have to dissagree. You CAN change your looks if you want to, if you have the desire to, if not then you'll probably slip back into previous styles.

Getting a new style changes how you look, which can also change your confidence levals, and also peoples opinions of your appearance. It is not simple, it is a very complex world with complex pressure ammounting on looks.