Met someone I really like...but

Wizardwoman

It can't work out.

We met at school. From the first day we just became friends and we started studying and hanging out together every single day we had school (2 days a week). We just clicked and it was purely friendship up until recently. We would just talk about anything and everything and we had common quirks and same sense of humor. Similar interest in music which I never find. And it was nice because its hard to find a friend like that.

He would talk to me about girls. He had this one he wanted to go out with but she flaked on him or something. But I would give him advice and stuff because I am a little bit older than him and he also doesn't have much experience. And at this point I didn't really have interest in him because we were just getting to know each other and it just wasn't like that. To be honest I wasn't even attracted to him in the beginning. And I don't think I was to him either.

Well, eventually things started to change. He stopped talking about girls to me and we started to study right up against each other and maybe even on the verge of flirting. Just more very innocent touching and such. We started texting there for a minute and the overall feel of our friendship was different and I was starting to see him as someone I want to be with in a romantic way. And I believe he was starting to feel that way too.

Recently we set up a hammock in the woods at school (rural area). And we laid in it together for hours just talking about different things. Laughing and just hanging out. And then after all that we somehow started talking about kissing. So I ask him if he wants to kiss me and he says yes. So we do and it got kind of intense. After all the kissing we did cuddle for a bit before leaving.

So at this point I am definitely liking him in a different way. And a week after the kiss I just asked him how he feels about me. To which he tells me that he does like me in a romantic sense and that it was a gradual thing. His exact words actually made me laugh. He said "one day I just noticed...she's really pretty." Well thanks for not noticing before! lol. But its funny because that is how I felt about him too.

Now to the part about why it cannot work out. He may or may not be moving far away in January to go to a different school. And in the words of him, "if we start something now, I know I will get too attached to you". To which I agreed that I would as well. Also he is a very devout Christian and I am not particularly religious. And he said he has never imagined himself being with someone who was not a Christian. But that he was torn and wanted to think about everything. I told him all this was fine and that I understand completely. I just wanted him to know that I have feelings for him and if he did for me as well.

Today, he acted pretty distant with me. So I understood that he had thought about things and decided he does not want to pursue anything with me. I didn't even need to ask. But it came up. He said he wants to just be friends "for now", and I said that was fine and told him to not feel weird around me because of this. I wish circumstances could be different because I do feel like we would have an amazing relationship. I feel like I would fall in love with him and that I would actually be happy with him. (Normally I get into relationships that are not good).

I just hope our friendship isn't compromised because of this. I don't want things to be different, although I have considered the possibility that a continued close friendship may very well perpetuate our feelings for each other. Or at least me. Can't speak for him.

So this is my love life as of right now. Thank you for listening and goodnight

Well OP, this guy said he just wants to be friends. He's not seizing the moment and maybe he doesn't feel as strongly for you as you do him.

I would let this one go. I would be weary about remaining friends as well. I'm never personally comfortable around people that I once was interested in or with at one time after the ship has sailed.

Archived