After cutting all contact still on my mind day/night

Ive been three months NC, cut all contact, blocked her number, cut her off from social media but shes still on my mind when i fall asleep and the first thing i think about when i wake up. I hate this feeling. I try not to think about her but my mind just wanders off thinking about how she looks, the time we spent together. I was pretty stern with her when i told her to leave me alone. Then again she just wanted to string me along and just be friends. I just hope it gets easier soon. Im afraid that ill be lonely and single all my life. Its been two and a half years since the split followed by me being led on for two years which was my fault. I do miss her. I just want her to be happy and she knows it. I finally made a decision and cut her off for good. I told her i never wanted to speak to her again for as long as i lived and that i was dead to her and she was dead to me then i blocked her number. I just hate that she consumes my mind for most of the day. I see couples everywhere, all my friends married and having kids and two and a half years later still single. Been on numerous dates since then made some changes in my life but hate that shes not part of it. I dont know if i should just see a therapist. I picture her laughing at me whenevrr i think of her like yea i got you in a hold meanwhile shes alright im assuming. Im not going to cave just wish i could forget her already

It takes time... But, you are doing the right thing. Don't get discouraged. It is normal to go through the ocean of emotions you are going through. Most of us have been there and done that once or twice or even more times in our lives, but in the end you will be ok. With her gone, you have a fair shot of finding someone who you are way more compatible with And trust me...she is out there for you!

Let this be a great lesson in going No Contact! 2 years waiting in the wings is the real tragedy, and I get it. I did about 6-7 months + in false hope and limited contact. Was sure we were gonna reconcile...never happened and now it's been 20 months but I've known a while now it's def. OVER.

It's been 3 months... it takes time. No way to rush 'healing' from a loss. It may take another 3 months.. but things will improve.

Good for you blocking her on everything. That will make things easier for you to move on.

But, I dont think having numerous dates is going to help you. You're still suffering. I think it's best to work on YOU for a while longer- on your own.

Stay out of the dating scene for a few months to work on healing from this.. so you can date again someday much more stable minded.

You wont be single & lonely all yor life... you're just feeling like it right now. because you're feeling so low.

think of it this way.. you were okay before her, you'll be okay after her.

One day at a time.

Archived