Curious...

speak

I work in retail and a customer comes in that I'm pretty sure likes me. He actually works for a cell phone company. He helped me when I had an account a few years back. We talk a lot when he comes in. I had to work overnights this past weekend and I was nervous. He said if he didn't have to be up early that morning he would have stayed with me through the night. Well I found the business card he gave me from a few years back. His name & number is on it... Would it be weird if I text him? Since he gave me the number a few years back?

If a person gives out a card without asking, that is the green light for you to contact them directly.Usually, a business card indicates that he is open to future communications with you. Otherwise, they would never have given you their contact details. If he meets a lot of people, he may only hand them out to those people he wants to communicate with in the future.

On the other hand its been few years, if he was all that interested, he would have made some type of move by now. With that being said,Find out if he is available first then suggest that you two meet for coffee next time you are in the same area. Good luck.

He gave you a business card because you were a customer back then.

If you see him all the time, ask for his number.

I don't see him all the time. When he came in Sunday morning he told me he had been here looking for me but it was always a different employee. I'll have to take the risk.

Archived