Flirting or just friendly

Turbomaniac98

I've been experiencing a lot of this recently- there's about 3 girls at my school whom I've come into contact with and I'm having trouble figuring out if their flirting with me or just being friendly. I've seen many others posts on here close to the same topic. So if any one has any tips/clues that would be greatly appreciated.

"If you have to ask, they're probably just being friendly. Girls are quite obvious when they flirt."

I would say it's pretty likely they are just being friendly... but I would disagree about obviousness. They might think they are being obvious, but us guys can be pretty clueless sometimes.

If you like them ask them out. If they say no you know they weren't flirting, and will learn the signs better. If they weren't flirting... they still might say yes, who knows. Seriously the best way to learn this stuff is by doing. If I could go back to my school days and tell myself one piece of advice, it would be to stop trying to figure out what people are thinking and take more risks. Think of rejections like pokemon. A "no thank you" is so much better than a "I wish I had asked her out"

Recently I remembered a time when me and a girl snuck into the auditorium of the concert hall our orchestra had been playing at during our break. It was just us in there, sitting in the chairs looking at the huge organ. She took my head in her hands and looked into my eyes and put my face close to hers. And we didn't kiss. I didn't even pick up that she was attracted to me! I don't know how I missed that one but I'm kind of kicking myself now, 15 years later!

Archived