Long post, but worthwhile!

Any advice would be appreciated here for what I have to say. This past March I was introduced to a beautiful and absolutely amazing girl named Karla. Things picked up between us right away and from that night forward we dated a couple times to get to know each other then became pretty exclusive. So we did date for a short while maybe about 3-4 months.

Things were absolutely amazing. I've been in plenty of relationships before to know what feels real and what is just that "high" from dating someone new. This definitely felt real and I've never had my mind and heart so wrapped around anyone before.

A little background on me, I was also in a serious relationship that lasted about 4 years. And even from the beginning I never felt that way with my ex that I did with Karla. Sure it was a short relationship. But its not about the length its about the quality and the connection you share, and I shared an incredible connection with her and I know she did with me as well.

Just for clarification I'm 28 years old and shes 26, so there's not much that can be chalked up to alot of inexperience here.

To back track a little bit. About 2 months before I met her she just got out of a 4+ year relationship where she found out she was cheated on twice by her ex pig of a bf.

Fast forward to about June this passed summer we break up. The incredible thing here was that you can just sense she did not want to do this. She has some incredible strength to do what she followed through with.

Her reasoning to which I completely respect and still do is that she says she wasn't totally right in the head. She couldn't put her walls down and felt it wasn't fair to drag me along because she felt that I was such an amazing bf and such a good guy to her she didn't want to include me in her personal issues.

I get it. Her last bf messed her up and I was a victim of meeting her at the wrong time? Possibly.

After we apparently broke up we still talked and hung out for a good long hour which surprisingly included alot of making out too. This would've been more but I decided it was best to leave.

We talked alot that day and she knows she was regretting it (her own words). I told her id give her all the space she needs and will not initiate conversation with her since she was taking it harder than I was. Let her know im always here and if she ever wants to talk that she can always reach out to me.

2 weeks go by and shes texted me and we talked everyday. Then one day mid convo she stopped responding and I haven't heard from her since. I texted her 2 weeks later to wish her a happy bday and she replied and that was that.

We were still friends on Facebook to my surprise and one day I posted pictures from a sporting event I went to (that she was supposed to go with me) and no more than a few minutes later I noticed she deleted me. I take it she's still moving on.

I literally think about her every single day and hope that I bump into her or that each time my phone goes off I breifly hope its her.

I've put myself out there to meet new women and its helped a bit but I just don't share that connection that I did with her now that I know what it's like. No matter what, she's always on my mind

I still get sad/upset that I haven't seen her since that day and I know if we met again the sparks could potentionally ignite. But like I said, I will give her space and I don't want to interrupt her life.

Eventually I couldn't help myself 2 weeks ago and just followed up with her and to my surprise we talked a bit more than I imagined and then it was done as I didn't want to "over stay my welcome" in a sense.

I am tempted to just text her back and ask her to meet up one day for something quick like coffee or whatever, but again she's moved on and shes living a happy life and not to say mine isn't, I'm pretty happy too but just missing that something which I feel it's her.

My question is, how do I move on when I feel like she was my perfect fit and anyone that saw us would say the same? Her friends, coworkers and her brother all knew she felt so strongly about me and we all knew including myself and her that we could've had something amazing together.

Is it wise to ask her out again? Or do i let it be and let her go?

I don't personally like letting important/impactful people in my life walk out and disappear forever. Or is this a situation where I'm supposed to?

Yes, it is best to leave her be now.

You were like a 'Rebound', where she moved onto someone new too quickly for her own good.

She is not over her last break up. She has much to work on. Her mental & emotional health.

One cannot move on in a healthy manner until they're much better and healed. At this time, she is not.

You need to back off now, respect the fact she needs 'her time' to work on herself.

OP, this girl clearly isn't interested in you. You two broke up, you are the one that keeps initiating, and all in all, I think you are wasting your time and energy on this person. She went through a break up, and honestly it sounds like she maybe having second thoughts about leaving the last person. Even if they were toxic/abusive when people are together for that long, it's hard for them to cut all the wires between them and their ex.

If she thought you really were the one, she probably would have kept you, regardless of the feelings towards the ex/break up. But she didn't. I would just let this girl go, don't ask her out for coffee or anything. And don't get in a rush to find someone else. Just take some time to forget about this one.

Archived