Drilling through the pack.

Coily

Well it's been a while since I posted here, so a brief update on the land of Springs for you.

I have busted out of my normal state of woe is me for bring single. Long story there, but I have finally managed a year with more than a single date! While ecstatic at that fact, one lady I was seeing was not a good fit, one lady flaked hard one me, another has left the bridge head open though questionable future, and another I shall see. So don't throw in the towel you other guys who aren't dating with a tinker. It feels like it took me 15 years or so to get to this point, so unless you are over 32, patience is a hard thing; but worth while.

So this Friday I have a first date, I feel a little nervous. A little less than usual, so I don't know how well that bodes. I have become more and more relaxed at the whole first date scenario, as it does matter it is just a weeding out process. Not every date is potentially lost opportunity at romantic completion, hint for you guys in doubt. Needless to say i have learned more about me this year than usual. But the crux of the matter is I fear that I may not be relationship material; which is crushing, as i have for much of my life wanted to be a husband and father. I see this slipping, I am of very little use to my self. I do not do well just flailing about for myself, I need a goal; something to doggedly go after and conquer; but not for myself. i probably need to address deeper issues in the long run; but how do i deal with the impatience?

Long round about, and convoluted thought process here. I'm sorry, but I need to express more than a simple thought or angst.

Cordially,

Coily

congrats on having more dates than before. woot woot!

live your life to the fullest and if it's meant to be that u meet the one, great! if not, be ever so busy with your life that you don't have time to be 'woe is me.' who knows, whilst in your busy activity you might meet someone unexpectedly. if u want to meet a kind woman, volunteer at a soup kitchen. if u want a sporty woman, join a gym... u get the picture.

good luck on Friday. it's normal to have nervous jitters about a first date. but try to be yourself, putting your best foot forward. be gentlemanly if that's the kind of man you are. if not, just make sure to let her feel comfortable and at ease around you. i bet she's a little nervous too.

I actually have already achieved a good degree financial stability, only a mortgage standing in my way. Not as well of as I'd like to be but I have, but who is?

I guess that's part of my frustration, I have knocked out a lot of the goals I set for myself, or am very close. I am even looking at a change of career just to reset my learning curve.

I actually have already achieved a good degree financial stability, only a mortgage standing in my way. Not as well of as I'd like to be but I have, but who is?

I guess that's part of my frustration, I have knocked out a lot of the goals I set for myself, or am very close. I am even looking at a change of career just to reset my learning curve.

Then reset the goals, hon, and set the bar even higher.

Archived