"Dating" my best friend .

huirhg

Hey so any input would be greatly appreciated ! I realised I liked my guy best friend a few weeks ago , long story short we kissed and I went on a date to his house..

The only thing is that I'm really nervous that I'll lose him as a friend if things don't work out and I'm over analysing everything.

For instance when I got home from his house I messaged him saying thanks or whatever and he said no problem.We hadnt arranged another date so Then I thought he wasn't interested and it might be a friend with benefits thing . I stupidly called him at like 1.a my to ask cause I didn't want to be just Fwb.

He was super sweet about it and said that he liked hanging out but didn't want to jump right into a relationship so just wanted to see how I goes.I feel so stupid for calling now and am over thinking that !

Now I'm so embarrassed and just want some advice as to how to slow down , stop over thinking and just date a friend ?

Thanks

Personally, it wouldn't bother me unless I had literally grown up with them (that would be like dating a brother). I'd give it a shot. On the other hand, I will say that I don't really see myself being a platonic friend with someone and forming a relationship without having liked them as more than friends from the start (if that makes sense).

I don't see the point of throwing up a wall if attraction is present on both sides. Sometimes, the line between friendship and the early stages of dating isn't all that marked, actually. Every situation is different.

I will say the longer the time lapse between becoming good friends and starting to date, the riskier the situation.

Dating isn't having sex. Dating is dating, deciding to be exclusive and then having sex.

You have not only set a precedent that a date is having sex at his house instead of going out, but then calling at 1am to have a talk. To slow it down....try having dates outside of the bedroom.

Archived