Sleeping with the ex?

My8wnPrison

I don't know, took me a while to get myself back on track and away from a pretty bad place, after all she is the one that broke it off - I wanted us to try harder but she was the one whom said she didn't love me any more, wanted to be single, now, I feel she doesn't know again whereby I am perfectly fine on my own and really looking forward to putting my heart into my new career, seeing friends and having a life!

When it's all said and done I accept a lot of the breakdown was to myself, not that I think I'm a bad guy really but I did change, into one of those over crazy clingy guys I hate the most and feel more at peace plodding along on my own and doing my own thing then I was in a relationship; especially towards the end.

I guess it's best I do the mature thing and back off?

Personally when I read posts where the OP leaves out their gender, I tend to write my thoughts from my own perspective, which is - obviously - female. All you need to do is replace "he" with "she", and everything I wrote still stands. Actually, your situation after reading your update is even more sad than I thought initially, because you are letting her get away with having her cake and eating it too. She gets to live the single life, while having her sexual needs met (until she meets another guy she likes more, of course), a roof over her head and someone to cuddle with when the mood strikes. The second she meets a man willing to take her in and tend to her, the way you've done, she's out of your life, and you will never hear from her again (unless things don't work out with him and she once again needs a place to stay). As of now, you are her safety net.

Like I said before, you are selling yourself too short and the only person you'll be hurting is you. Time to grow a back bone and kick her out of your place, after all she chose to end it with you and be single, grant her wish and stop being her doormat!

I probably know the answer but I cannot stop sleeping with my ex; both are single, it was an amicable break up (we were not happy towards the end at all), less mess and we are even friends!

On a scale of 1 - 10 however, how bad is it to continue sleeping together? I have never really done it before, always either had a messy break up, a clean get a way or pretty much said no to friends - but we have so much in common and get along I am thinking why not?

A part of me feels like we playing with fire though?

I was sleeping with my ex too. And I think we both made bad choices. I fell into deep depression and I think he blamed himself. I would ask him over cause I had things I needed for him to understand but he would not show any interest and be on his phone. Now I think maybe he isn't emotionally fit to be who I need by my side. He doesn't know me at all. And sex was good at first cause I missed him but the last time it was like we weren't connecting anymore. Just leave her completely alone since you are happy. I feel like if he can't be here for me then he can't have me sexually.

Only you can decide on a scale of 1-10 how bad it is to continue sleeping together because only you know how you feel about your ex! If you were both over each other and just wanted easy sex then it wouldn't be as bad as if one or both of you were still emotionally attached to the other. To be honest the latter is usually the case so mostly it is far from a good idea.

Nevertheless, I still think a clean break from an ex is the best way forwards whatever the circumstances behind the split.

Thank you all for the recent feedback. You will be pleased to know I recently put a stop to it all, it will only end up in hurt and besides I'd rather be on my own, heal and then be with "the right one" not someone who wants me to be "the right now". I deserve better then that.

Don't think of my ex as a bad person though, she just always seems to make bad choices. Alas, her life to make.

I just accept it's not meant to be and now moving on.

Thank you all for the recent feedback. You will be pleased to know I recently put a stop to it all, it will only end up in hurt and besides I'd rather be on my own, heal and then be with "the right one" not someone who wants me to be "the right now". I deserve better then that.

Don't think of my ex as a bad person though, she just always seems to make bad choices. Alas, her life to make.

oh fabulous ...very happy that you have found your peace with this situation and I wish you well xx

Everyone is talking about the ex using My8wnPrison for sex. Surely aren't they both using each other for sex and companionship.

Why is the man always the user?

I couldn't agree more. If it's an fwb situation they each demoted themselves. The guy didn't demote her. There often comes the assumption that men just want the one thing. I think if the other truly had something for you, he/she made a mistake just as much as you are and is just as vulnerable.

Bravo! You have made a choice that's on your own terms.

I couldn't agree more. If it's an fwb situation they each demoted themselves. The guy didn't demote her. There often comes the assumption that men just want the one thing. I think if the other truly had something for you, he/she made a mistake just as much as you are and is just as vulnerable.

Indeed, regardless of the gender or the reasons behind it - it always take two to tango... in this scenario no one was in the right, nor the wrong, it was what it was.

Indeed, regardless of the gender or the reasons behind it always take two to tango... in this no one is in the right, nor the wrong, it is what it is.

I hope you take this in a friendly way. But seriously congrats on the decision you made. It's a hard step (one that I did not take) I slept with my ex afterwards and it sucked so bad because I found out she slept with others. We were such an emotional wreck. We even tried getting back together. Lol let's not bring up that horror story. But anyway you're doing the right thing. Now go out there and find Miss Woahmomma! And make me proud!! (And you proud)....

I hope you take this in a friendly way. But seriously congrats on the decision you made. It's a hard step (one that I did not take) I slept with my ex afterwards and it sucked so bad because I found out she slept with others. We were such an emotional wreck. We even tried getting back together. Lol let's not bring up that horror story. But anyway you're doing the right thing. Now go out there and find Miss Woahmomma! And make me proud!! (And you proud)....

Thanks man, for me it's all about time, right now it's about getting back into the gym (not that I stopped but I am going more), seeing my close friends and sorting my career out as quite unhappy in that aspect of my life! All looking promising! This could be the fresh start I needed.

Archived