Is she having me on?

vamarit

I would like some advice(s) from anyone who has had a similar experience.

Here it is:

My girlfriend and I have been together two years now but for practical work reasons we live 350 kms from eachother.

We are quite well matched and I love her a lot.

Recently she told me that an old friend of hers was coming from overseas to visit and that she would like to take him around for a week.

They went camping together.

I felt jealousy instantly when she announced this to me and told her straight away. She assured me that there she is not attracted to him what so ever and that he is just a good friend.

My personal experiences of similar situations lead me to think that the chances of sleeping in a small tent with an attractive woman of 31 (friend or stranger) who happens to be ovulating that week (!) leading to sex are pretty big.

I told her that and she replied that what is for me is not necessary for her.

Anyway, I decided to swallow my pride and not make a fuss about it.

Two weeks before the camping trip she started to call me on the phone rather quite often, telling how much she loves me. I felt very good about that but somehow felt that she was overdoing it. I mean she is never that openly affectionnate. She even sent me a card with very loving thoughts and instead of reassuring me It make me wonder.

Am I making it up to think that it's a trick to reassure me while she is having a wild week in secret?

Do the women who are reading this recognize a woman's special way to protect her own secret garden?

I know she likes to have a few secrets. I personnaly prefer the feeling of trust resulting from sharing secrets.

Has she decided to have one more fling before she commits to me?

I do not know how to handle this. I don't want to be the first one calling her and questionning her. I would love to trust her but find it REALLY hard!

Thank you all for answering, men and women and for your honesty

Now the camping trip is nearly over week this

I'll be blunt, women are not as horny as men. Just because you couldn't resist the urge if you were spending the night with a girl in a tent doesn't mean your girlfriend can't.

Now, this does not mean everything's all dry and clean cut. There is a chance she could be up to something, but I doubt it.

First of all, now realize, she is a woman, but, from a man's point of view, you'd think that if she WAS planning a sexual rendevous that she would lie about what she was going to do in the first place. She'd say "I'll be camping with my girlfriends from work for a week." or "I'm going out of town on business for a week."

The fact she tells you what she's doing seems to nullify that.

The only thing to fear is if she is REALLY REALLY smart. In that sense, she TELLS you she's going camping so you WILL think that she wouldn't be dumb enough to tell you she's going camping if she was going to pull something. But that just gets into too much mind games.

Don't forbid her to go, just let it be known you're "uncomfortable" with it, but that you do "trust her"

Good luck

hiya vamarit. try lookin at it from another perspective. if u were going camping with a female friend...would your partner be sceptical and hostile ? you bet your life she would. so DON'T feel ashamed that you are getting slight pangs of worry or insecurity. i recognise that you love this woman..but does this camping trip sound normal ? does her male 'friend' have any respect for you by spending the night in a tent with your gf....does your gf respect you by going along with this escapade ? I think your gf is very immature to do this,relationships are hard enough as it is. good luck bro 8)

This is my point of view...your girlfriend told you about her old friend, she told you that he's coming to visit and that they will be spending a night sharing a tent. What's the problem? I think by giving you more attention in the past couple of weeks she just wanted to show you her appreciation and thank you for your trust. At least that's what I would do. By telling you the truth (because she could have easily lied) she showed you how MATURE she was and that trust is very important to her. I don't know enough about her to be absolutely sure because of course there's a slight chance that she's just playing mind games. But I would have a serious problem with a boyfriend who does not trust me and I'm sure most women agree with me.