So...I hear she might be pregnant...

Thanks man. I hope things are going okay for you.

The brother of the pastor at the church I quit going to told me. He said he REALLY didn't want to do it but the parents of the guy she's with pressured him into it. Sounds like a shotgun wedding to me. Lol

Oh well, all the best to em. Yes, that was partly sarcasm. ;-)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this is getting a bit harder now that it's sinking in. I still have no urge to have anything to do with either of them, but this has me on a (temporary) downswing.

The pastor's brother delivered some paperwork to her for me. He said she looked surprised and said that as far as she knew we were good. Really??? Her delusion is astounding. He said he figured she thought he was stupid or something. He also said he was pretty sure she was footing the bill for everything. She seemed uncomfortable that he was there so he stayed longer. Lol

This whole thing has just turned into a farce. I just want to get completely over all of this crap. Day by day I am.

I've been kinda down (okay, depressed) the last couple of days. Apparently my heart has a ways to go to catch up with my mind. Everything tells me it's definitely over, I'm better off and it's all for the best. I know this, yet I still feel down. It's crazy...

I went and talked with my friend some more yesterday and it helped. He told me how conflicted his brother was about the whole thing and that she was the one losing out. It made me feel a bit better to know I have friends like that.

One day at a time...I just want to be myself again.

So, today I got my first breadcrumb of sorts.

This morning she texted me asking a question she could easily find the answer to. Apparently she wasn't kidding when she told my friend she thought we were good.

I was tempted to text her back and tell her to get her husband to find the answer. I didn't respond though, and I don't intend to. Her arrogance (or ignorance) is astounding.

So, today I got my first breadcrumb of sorts.

This morning she texted me asking a question she could easily find the answer to. Apparently she wasn't kidding when she told my friend she thought we were good.

I was tempted to text her back and tell her to get her husband to find the answer. I didn't respond though, and I don't intend to. Her arrogance (or ignorance) is astounding.

No need to respond. There's nothing good for you there!

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for you because you have not blocked her. Block her azz, you have no reason to ever talk to her again. It's way over.

To tell you the truth, it never really even occurred to me. She's never texted me once since the breakup...I didn't even think she still had my number. I didn't see any need to block. I'm not devastated over this or anything; more like incredulous that she thinks contacting me is okay. As far as she knows I never even got the text. It's not like I'm planning on replying.

Question...how do you block someone's number on an Android phone without any contact? I remember now that I did block her number on my old phone, but I bought a new one a month ago and apparently it didn't transfer over. I've already deleted her text...I'm not sure how to block her again.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a whole lot has changed lately except for one important thing...I think my heart has just about caught up. I think of her often still, but it doesn't hurt like it used to. I have her completely blocked now and haven't seen them lately which helps.

In other news I possibly have a date tonight. Nothing serious but if it goes through I'm looking forward to having a good time and just being myself for a while. Also, I went to buy new pants yesterday and my waist size has shrunk almost 10 sizes since I started working out. All in all I'm in a good place right now. Thanks to everyone who has kept up with my journey. You guys (and ladies) are priceless and don't know the positive impact you have on people in bad times. My hat is off to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a bit of an update...

My date didn't happen due to circumstances beyond our control, but we've been talking regularly and will try again one of these days. I'm still losing weight and getting into shape, so that's good.

The bad (or just awkward): I went to the grocery store in town today and saw a car in the parking lot that looked a lot like the guy's car. Once I went in, there she was. Luckily I'm pretty sure she didn't see me, and I avoided her til she left. I haven't really seen her since July and almost didn't recognize her. She's gained a LOT of weight. The only way I was sure it was her was she still carries the purse she got when we were together. Anyway, I avoided her but still experienced a bit of a panic attack until she left. I hated the feeling but couldn't control it. I'm just glad I didn't have to see her face to face. I knew something like this was inevitable...I'm just glad it wasn't worse than it was.

I'm still trying to move on and making decent strides. I consider my reaction a bit of a setback but nothing too major. Maybe it'll be better the next time. I don't know.

Archived