LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION HERE!

i need all of your guys help on this one. Its concerning my mother who has been abusing over the counter pills. Such as generic adderal with 10 mg. diet pills, she even went to the exent of stealing one of my adderal xr pills so that she could get energy off of it. She has chronic depression and she was put on prozac because she was raped by her father when she was young. SO i dont know if that would be the case or what. My dad controls her and she lets it. but the other day she confronted me and was telling me about it. As to me it seemed as if it was a cry for help. She didnt want me to tell anyone and for me just to try to help her through this addiction. But theres only so much that i can do. so i told my dad and he denyed it and then was yelling at my mom and then yelling at me saying i was lying because of course my mother said she has no problem because she dosent want to admit it. And now shes mad at me. i dont know its long but my dad thinks im lying and my moms just mad. shes got some problems. but i want to help her. but it seems as if i cant do anything, you know. the way she yells at me sometimes i dont know if its the pills taking or the real her. i jsut dont want her to die from this. any advice on what i should do. this is my mothers life in my hands!

Wow dude, you have abit of a situation there. i think the best advice i can give you is to confront her and tell her how you feel about her taking it. i would say to tell her to think of her children if you have any other siblings, or if youre the only child then let her know. i would also say make her feel...i guess wanted no, let her know shes not alone in this. Try to help her the best possible.

I guess thats the best i can tell you at this point

First of all, honest and open communcation is the best answer. talk to your Mom and Dad...be bold. There is no easy way out of this, but you must commit yourself to taking the high road and doing the RIGHT thing....even when the right thing is not the EASY thing. This is the time to talk to a minister...even if you don't go to church. You really need to reach out for help.

Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

is there a friend of your mother that you can confide in, or perhaps she has a sister or brother. Someone close who she will listen to. Or someone on your dad's side.

If all else fails, write your dad a letter. Compose it carefully, and say what happened. Stick to the facts and don't get emotional or start blaming anybody. If he can see that you are serious enough to do that he may get serious about doing something.

I suggest you go to a social worker or something outside of the family

better yet go to a relative you can trust very much, because in all honesty

your dad is in ignorance and denial

your mother was crying for help

believe me i have overdose many times and ive cried for help

and no one responded

seek help as soon as possible