I need some advice, I am female and 25 years old. I have never been attracted to women, always men. I dream of being married to a man and having children. I am also in love with a man, have been for about 3 years. We are not officially together because of religious reasons, but I see him 3 times a year (for long periods)

Anyway, so during the winter I don't see the man I love for about 6 months. So I don't have sex within this time. But this winter I started thinking about women, like when I masterbate. Then it started to get more and more. I was just trying to think of new things to excite me. Now I am scared if I am a lesbian or not. Years ago the thought of doing anything sexual with a women turned my stomach. Now I feel like I could try it. Does this make me a lesbian? I don't really see my self being in a relationship with a girl. But I am scared if maybe I tried it I would. I know it's not a bad thing but I don't want to be a lesbian. I want to marry a man and have children but I'm scared my thoughts will take over. I'm not sure if maybe it's because I didn't have sex for a long period of time and I love my man very much so I won't look at other men. Has anyone had this problem before? Am I just curious? I also suffer from anxiety so I over think things a lot. Thanks for your help.

I think sexual 'starvation' can take our thoughts and fantasies to some different places. I think you're reacting to a long period of celibacy, and your sexual fantasies are exploring different stimulations.

They are just fantasies. They don't mean that your sexuality has suddenly taken a different turn. It may be that at some level you'd like to experiment with a woman. But it doesn't mean that you won't get married to a man and have children.

Archived