Advise needed - Currently 1 week cold turkey.

DarrenG1983

So, I have got through 7 days of cold turkey from my ex, who cheated on me and ripped my heart out.

Ive deleted everything that reminds me of her, including every photo.

I have lots of photos we have taken over the last 4 years of her on our travels.

Should I send them to a mutual friend for her, or shall I just delete them?

I have them on a zip file I used to extract from FB.

Would appreciate some advise.

Darren

Personally... I deleted everything. I removed him from my life. I never even considered giving them to him. I even had him return things just so I could then throw them away. It helped me to try and remove him, to try and remove every memory and reminder. She didn't respect you by cheating. I wouldn't get the photos to her..no way.

I'd give them to a friend - Make sure the friend won't give them for a long, long time.

No matter how much you are hurting now, you'll want those memories in future when it doesn't hurt anymore.

Why? I barely have any mementos of even my marriage/wedding. And that one ended rather civil for both parties (he's happily remarried and I am actually happy for him). I initially kept them for a while, but really. Why? I eventually saved a couple of photos of me and my parents at the wedding and discarded the rest. It was not painful, but just no longer has the meaning it did before.

I think if you've been betrayed and cheated on you may not consider the memories good ones. I don't like to be reminded of people who have brought hurt to my life.

But like it said, that is me personally. If you maybe broke up civilly (is that a word?) and the image of the person doesn't bring up intense pain, yes, keep the photos.

Tine

It wouldn't have been worth trying to return them anyway. Right now they are likely meaningless to her and she would have thrown them away. And if she threw you away like a piece of trash, then just dissappear for good. One you throw something away, you never see it again so now you need to mentally throw her out as well, including anything that keeps you hooked in. Good luck.

Archived