She has a boyfriend but she agreed to hang out with me.

Aeropro

Hey there all,

So a co-worker and I have had a very fun and flirty work relationship over the last month. On occasion to others she has dropped the boyfriend bomb and she has on only a few other occasions mentioned him to me (I.E... I went there last year with my BF... My BF works all day). Anyway, today at work she mentioned how she had absolutely nothing going on later and how she wasn't sure what to do with herself. We have a few inside jokes and after work she texted me a funny picture relating to us goofing around at work. We chatted a bit and I asked her how her day off was treating her to which she responded how she was just watching Netflix. I then offered her an excuse to get outside as I always walk my parents' dog on the weekends and told her I'd be walking her at a path nearby if she was interested in getting out to which she has agreed.

I honestly was being nice and I'm not trying to be a home-wrecker... although I do like this person a lot. I'm just not entirely sure what to think at the moment and we'll be hanging out in a few hours... =_=... I almost regret throwing it out there for her to hang out with me... but on the other side I am quite excited.

If you were just looking to hang out as platonic friends, there would be no issue--although that doesn't appear to be the case.

You seem to kind of poo-poo the boyfriend thing. While it's true that on occasion, unattached women will say they have a boyfriend because they want to have an excuse to get rid of unwanted advances--women really do get hit on quite a lot--it's best to take her at her word.

If she indeed does have a boyfriend and something happens between you two--it sounds like you kinda want something to happen--then you're in a sticky situation. One, you might end up in a physical altercation with the boyfriend. Maybe you could beat him up, maybe not, but it could mean assault charges. Yay.

Moreover, even if she ends up eventually choosing you over the boyfriend, what does that say about her that she would start messing around with other guys while she's supposed to be in a relationship? Well, it says she doesn't value her relationship very highly and that you can expect similar treatment if you end up being her next beau. So keep that in mind and act accordingly.

She is in need of constant attention and her bf's work schedule makes her available to seek attention elsewhere.

Whomever she chooses is on precarious ground, because the substance of her choice is not specific to you, but instead to what you do for her. So long as she is having fun and feeling validated, she will respond well to you. .

That won't last forever. Cheat with a cheater if you want, but know that you put yourself in a position to start an affair with her and to have a messy break up afterwards. One that will spill into your workplace.

What are you doing?

I then offered her an excuse to get outside as I always walk my parents' dog on the weekends and told her I'd be walking her at a path nearby if she was interested in getting out to which she has agreed.

This sounds like a date. And based on the tone of your original post, you seem to want something more than just a friendship with her. Otherwise this wouldn't be posted under the "Attraction and Flirting" forum.

No wait, you actually admitted you have a crush her. Sorry, a friendship isn't going to work out here either.

Are you really sure you should be hanging out with her outside of work, 1-on-1 while knowing she had a boyfriend? Do you really think this is appropriate?

Back off of her. She has a boyfriend.

Thanks for the advice guys. Fortunately she wasn't able to make it (for whatever reasons)... I was getting a bit nervous about the whole situation. I thought the excitement had died down and we stopped texting for the day... but then something peculiar happened. On FB she had a few back to back statuses with regards to her "love life" and how "people never change", etc... and sure enough I get a text from her at 10:30pm at night with an inside joke after our conversation fizzled down around 5:00pm or so. Is she having relationship troubles and setting me up as a back-up plan or something? Or perhaps she truly is interested in me and is stuck in the middle? She also had a few statuses around the time I "asked her out" that I hadn't even noticed that read "Life just isn't fair sometimes... this is just my luck". I'm not sure what that even means, haha... like a "Oh great... the guy from work likes me. Awkward."... but then she wouldn't be texting me. We've been texting back and forth for most of the day and I am quite confused. Honestly I thought she had blown me off yesterday after saying she would probably come out... but now I'm not entirely sure.

Tread very carefully.

In truth, I would back off a bit. She sounds like she is capable of drawing you in so she doesn't have to be alone, which is different than choosing you.

Please find a way to get some distance until she seems less enthralling to you.

Archived