Trust Problems Holding Us Back

kool_kid_86

My girlfriend and I have been dating for several months and we both love each other very much. Unfortunately, our relationship might not last due to trust problems. I cheated on my very first girlfriend, and my girlfriend is very scared that I would cheat on her. In addition, when we were first started dating I kept on talking about my ex's which made my girlfriend feel very uneasy. Her brain keeps on telling her that I will not be a faithful boyfriend, but her heart loves me very much. I know in my heart that I love my girlfriend very much and that I will remain faithful by her side indefinitely.

My question is: is there anything I can do to help gain back the trust that is lost? Are there any discussions that my girlfriend and I should have so that we can overcome this challenge together?

If someone told me that they had cheated on a past gf/bf I would not stay with them. If they could cheat on others they could certainly cheat on me.

I feel sorry for your gf. As Catfeeder said, next time don't spill your whole history. Some things are better kept to yourself.

The dating period is the time to let it all hang out there.

Did you commit yourself to the first girlfriend? If so, then it was a cheat.

If not, and your were a typical young first timers, it was just a flub.

What goes for you also goes for the new girl.

Archived