emotionally abusive parents

Matilda1

ok so im not really sure what to do and ive never known any difference but pretty much all my life my parents have been very degrading of me and never praise me especially my dad. My dad is a horrible person he constantly shouts at me and calls me very hurtful names and sometimes hits me whenever i answer back or do something wrong or silly like today i accidentally ruined some tin foil with my nails silly me and i told my mother and she went mad she threw it at me 3 times and i apologised my dad then again started with the abusive names and he told me to get out and live in a hostel, . i seriously dunno what do cant cope being put down all the time or criticized over stupid things

Are you still living at home with your parents?

Ok, the reason why I asked is because it could help you in transitioning out of your parents home and influence, and give you a place to go and feel safe so you are not stuck there. They may be busy but it's also possible that if you were to go to them and explain some of how you are feeling at home, they could help you and would.

I know when it comes to my family, my door is open for when they need it. And if I knew that something like this was going on, there would be a place for them no question.

My main point is to reach out for support in real life.

Archived