Still not over 8 month relationship....

Hi, I left my boyfriend of 8 months (with a break up in between) in AUGUST 2014. I still think about him everyday and sometimes even cry, and I don't understand why. Pretty sad hey? Very early on in the relationship I witnessed him disrespect me with other women in a club one night. I decided I can't forgive him or let it go so I decided to bail. So I shouldn't miss him, and I should be over it 7 months later shouldn't I?? It's not like we were married for 20 years.

I should mention that I do keep reasonably busy, I often feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day. I work long hours, and always either out and about or just too exhausted from work to do anything but sleep or veg at home. I also go to the gym and see friends when I can.

In the past, break ups have never really been a loss for me until this instance. Towards the end, I was always desperate for an out and never cared this much. What's wrong with me?? Perhaps dating just isn't my thing.

Well, it's a huge difference between breaking up with someone due to loss of feelings, and breaking up because they did something so bad you just can't be with them any longer.

For example, I once broke up with a guy that I was crazy about because he disrespected me to such degree, that continuing the relationship felt wrong even to myself, not to mention how all of my friends would have thought I had lost my mind by not ending things. I didn't want to end it, but I had to, in order to preserve my self respect. That breakup took much longer to get over, compared to breakups I had initiated because I had overgrown the relationships.

This is why you feel the way you do. You didn't want to break up, you had to break up. Big difference.

Stay NC and eventually you *will* get over him.

Maybe you are keeping so busy that you havent mentally closed your relationship and ignoring it hasnt made it gone away. You can do everything right physically but if you havent mentally put it behind you, then what is the use? The relationship is over, if you know that then the hardest part is done. Maybe its not the relationship but being wanted, needed, loved and cared for is what you miss. Perhaps you need to take time off for you and really mentally dig deep and wonder what is it you miss. Take off the blindfold and see that you not being in a relationship with this guy is not the best for you and there is someone out there who is better for you. We all like being loved and cared for and when you are not mentally stimulating your mind it goes to that.

Know that you will be happy again, its not your X that you miss but the feeling you got while you in a relationship. Then youll be able to put it behind you and then you can move forward.

Archived