Tricky Situation...

VHDude78

Hey everyone. Over a month ago i began dating a girl. First few dates were great. We had connection and liked each other. She would initiate contact with me..sometimes double text. The next two dates we made out. First time casual. We teased each other (tickled wrestled). She smiled and laughed. She said she had only been with 8 guys and thought that was a lot for 26. She wanted to wait. When I told her i only been with 8 girls she said..no way..you're super hot! The next date we made out again passionately. Things were getting hot. I asked her..but she said she wanted to wait. I told her i would respect that. Now that I think back on it..I shouldn't have asked that. After that she had a guilty look on her face and said she was sorry. I told her she had no reason to be. After that she jumped on me and was all over me. A new girl at my work asked me that same day if I had a girlfriend. I told her no..but I know a girl that might get mad if she heard me say that. The girl laughed and got the hint that i was involved with someone. I told her that story and she smiled and laughed. I just wanted to make her laugh and smile. I wasn't trying to hint that I wanted to be her boyfriend right away..I just thought it was funny.

Two days later she bailed on a concert we planned and said she wasn't ready for a relationship. She said I was awesome and thought she was ready but couldn't handle it. Later she said she was scared. She didn't feel on my level yet. She felt like she didn't know me well enough to like me as much as I like her. I told her I understood and that it was ok. She said she was sorry but glad i understood. It's been a week since we spoke. Now realize I may have pressured her indirectly. I care about her..I want to clear things up. She hasn't deleted me in facebook. The girls that have flaked on me in the past deleted me immediately. Which tells me that there isn't another guy in the picture and she still wants me in her life in some shape or form. I don't expect anything out of her..but I still made moves that may have been soon. I like her...she's one of a kind. As you can tell she really liked me. This is a tricky situation. Part of me thinks she's just not ready for anything, but part of me thinks i scared her. Should i contact her soon...leave the ball in her court..or give her a few weeks to think?

I guess it's one of those situations where I just need closure. If she thought I was expecting too much too soon..I can give her ultimatum to still see her but give her an opportunity to know me better. If she's just not ready to be with anyone or she's lost interest in me for some reason..i'll let her go.

Archived