Going on 2nd date ... need some tips

Josh07

I just went out with this girl to the movies. I asked my best friend and his girlfriend to come along to help make the situation feel more comfortable for both of us. I've started talking to her more on the phone and she gave me her AOL scree name and wants to talk on there some more. She was really excited about the 1st date and said she had a great time.

I was thinking of asking her out to the movies again for the 2nd date and with it just being the two of us instead of anyone else. I didn't go for anything on the 1st date because I didn't want to give her the wrong impression or surprise her. I wanted to know if that would be a good idea and if I should make any moves on the 2nd date. Post some tips on anything that could be useful.

- Thanks, Josh . . .

A movie is fine. Also go for dinner so you can have a chance to really talk and get to know her. Try to find out different things she likes to do and use those as ideas for future dates. Like if she likes ice skating, there's something you can do. Really, the possibilities of things to do are endless. Just make sure its something she'll enjoy.

Josh,

Congratulations on your "first date" success. I'd say, invite another couple or ask two of her friends to join the two of you. The reason I suggest this is because she'll act her natural self in the presense of friends who know her. You'll get a chance to see who she really is, and see who her friends really are. Remember, birds of a feather flock together.

When you do decide to take her out alone, it should be the third or fourth time you're out with her. But avoid the movies - a place where you can't really get to know someone. On your alone date with her, ask her to go with you to the local coffee shop, Starbucks or some other cool spot. Buy her coffee, cocoa, or anything she wants. Don't let her pay. Both of you should sit and talk face to face for at least two hours. If both of you really enjoy talking together, it will be a sign that she could be an excellent girlfriend for you.

After the coffee shop date, ask her over for dinner at your house or out for bowling with a mix of her and your friends.

I hope this helps.

Tosing Withnoreserve

I've been talking with her on the phone almost every night and she's been calling alot lately and talking on AIM. I spent 2 1/2 hours talking with her everyday and I've known her for a long time. I just wanted to know about holding hands and getting at least a kiss on the cheek or somewhere around those lines. But, I don't want to force it or make her feel uncomfortable because I'm thinking of long-term and I really don't want to screw this relationship up.

Hi Josh,

After you have coffee with her and you're saying goodbye, reach to hug her. You'll know if its time to kiss if she tries to give you a kiss on the cheek while you're hugging her. If she doesn't try when you hug her, wait until next time to kiss her on her cheek first - and then wait for her response.

I think that should work.

Tosing