I am the dumper..advise please

bhbull

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mhoe, So you don't believe in respect??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is a rich comment and exactly what your GF is saying about you.

Did you post to get opinions, which you now have, or to argue with us that you are right? I couldn't care less whether we agree.

My opinion? I would be done with you, if I were your GF, and sad too, to discover how little you understand of rich family ties.

Do you remember being a kid and having a sleepover? Grown ups do that too. Especially at times like this. Get over yourself.

Respect. Really? Oh goodness that is rich. I am currently having a difficult time finding some.

mhoe, how did she disrespect me...when someone you are in a relationship with ask you to either do something or not do something there is normally a reason. my reason is because of the distance was down the street. like I stated if it were thousands of miles away not a problem. If the kids were deathly sick not a problem, is she never saw them not a problem....because I was uncomfortable with her there for 4 nights she is close anyways...total disrespect on her part...my opinion

mhoe, again...where did I say I accused her...I said she claimed to have slept in the spare room...no where did I said I accused her and nowhere does it say that I told her that

Well if you're not accusing her of sleeping with her ex then why did you break up with her? Do you find the mere fact that she was in the same house as him overnight to be disrespectful? If so, that is your prerogative but you sir I suspect have a habit of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It is good to have solid personal boundaries in place but when they are as rigid as yours, then they're just walls.

Having respect for your opinion is NOT the same as subjugating herself to it. If it were, then you would be at an impasse, because you would have to subjugate yoursself to her opinion and feelings as well.

Respect for your feelings: She can listen to you, have empathy for your insecurity at losing her, assure you with phone calls or texts from the house at times that aren't an imposition to her hosts. She still gets to follow her heart to stay with her family.

After 4 years, given the proximity, you might have found your own closeness with her family, but you haven't, which is telling.

Well then, there is no issue. She will find someone who respects her judgment and you will find someone who respects yours, and if you are lucky, not at the expense of her own, which is what you have asked of your ex.

Starting over is tough. Good luck with it.

um, let me get this straight. your in a ldr with this women for 4 years and your upset that shes spending time with her family? If she has a 22 year old daughter i would put her at a minimum of 43 which i would think would put you around there as well. in your 40's your upset over your long term girlfriend spending time with her family. i can tell you, it straight does not compute in my brain.

If she was doing something sneaky she would not be forward about it. also it is none of your business what she does with her family. Why do you even care? if you dont think shes cheating, are you insecure shes with her family and having a good time supporting them?

I could see someone in their 20's or younger being upset over where their girlfriend sleeps but a man in his 40's it sounds ridiculous and like you have a lot of insecurity.

Archived