How is someone who "turns heads" perpetually single?

starla95

Well the title says it all...

In my younger days, I was always the single one in my group of friends. I was a late bloomer and spent years thinking I was ugly. But the other day I was with a male relative of mine and I caught a man blatantly checking me out and I was taken back, because I felt it was a rare occurrence. We both laughed about it, then when I said I wasn't used to it, he was surprised and told me I turn heads almost any time we're out in public! How is that possible? I've been single for the past year and I'm finally ready to get back out there. Im well aware that many of these men may be after just one thing, but its nice to know I'm not as hideous as I thought! But how do I get them to approach me? Better yet, how do I better identify someone who is interested and proceed from there?

I'm not looking for a husband, just to kind of start putting myself out there again and see whats there...

I may be wrong, but there's actually a cute guy who works at my local grocery store who I think may be into me, but I doubt he would ever cross that line because he is at work and has to be professional. How would I discreetly let him know I would be open to going on a date? Be bold and just leave my number? Throw hints here and there?

Some people are just oblivious to people checking them out, though it's usually guys. Being single doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. And even the physically attractive can be single long-term. There are nutty people who are single, but plenty of normal good looking people can be chronically single too. Shyness, career-oriented, picky, etc. Everyone's situation is different.

As for your situation, I'm not really a fan of hints and indirect methods. Take it from a guy, we're dense. And we don't read into those kinds of things. I've had a girls hint and even flat out ignore me. Indirect almost never works.

When someone asks 'How is someone who "turns heads" perpetually single?" Is the same as someone asking "How is someone who is "wealthy" still be single. Both are superficial. I am considered someone who also turns heads, however I know that when heads turn it's the same as someone being impressed by someone's wealth or status. It's very shallow and many times not long lasting. People who turn heads are pretty successful in one aspect, having short term sexual encounters. But that's all it is. Because after this encounter, you will feel used in the same way a wealthy man got used for his money. When people are attracted to you solely on this level, it's never long lasting. I usually prefer men who fall for me when I'm not really their type. Because I know that this is based on looking inside my essence. So in the end long term relationships are mostly about chemistry, and compatibility. This is why many times we ask the hell is that hot model dude going out with her? 'Miss less than average' Because his heart saw her before his eyes did. And this is what you should aim for.

As for the dude you like, my advice is let him come after you. Show him hints that you like him, be flirty, as him many questions. And if you want the man who really wanted you and you're his dream girl ask you out then don't give him your number and let him ask for yours.

First of all, looks (or brains or personality or education etc) don't matter. Take it from someone who's being asked that question all the time...how come you're so pretty (and clever and funny and, and, and..) and haven't had a relationship in 4 years?

Second, about the guy you like, keep smiling at him and try to start some conversation..like how long he's been working there or something. If he's interested, he'll take the hint.

You need to open your eyes when out in public, if you want to be approached. I am like you in the sense that I can be pretty oblivious when I am out and about, it's my default mode--when I am purposefully not dating then it's great, but when I do owant to open up opportunities to meet men i have to remind myself to notice the people around me. Unless you notice someone checking you out and smile at him or say "hi" then he probably won't approach you because you appear unavailable. You have to give him a direct sign that him approaching you and talking to you is something you actually want.

Archived