Anniversary is Today, Just Feeling Rejected

Just wanted to post today. After NC, I got my life back together and was/am meeting new nice, friendly and some amazing people. I've been working out and getting focused on my career, school and hobbies again. Feels good to realize I really am a whole person with or without my ex-wife.

Although today marks what would be our anniversary, it means nothing now. And today, I feel utterly rejected. I cried a little and had those odd painful rushing feelings in my heart. Still hurts to know that the reasons she gives for wanting to work on her current relationship (we both refer to it as the "situation") are pretty much BS - because these are things that exist between her and I as well, but maybe things that she didn't feel during our old relationship (eg. he understands her, accepts her, etc.) And she wants to be friends with me because I accept, love, understand her.... BS.

I know I'm a catch, but bah, rejection sucks and it's the hardest part for me to get over.

Haven't talked to anyone else about this, so it's nice to be able to come to ENA and spill any feelings I may be having.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Sun,

Yes, something like an Anniversary, of course, can bring up some emotions... Break up's can be so debilitating, I understand.

You'll feel that 'rush' of emotions for today.. tears are okay. Maybe even a few days.

But, it's just going to be a slight fall-back. YOu're still moving ahead. and that's good.

We're human.. not machines. We feel, a lot. It's been a loss. Loss is never easy.

Just keep doing as you are. Working on yourself again, getting out there, etc.

You're not alone.. tc

Archived