Really need advise here thanks in advance about bipolar2

art vandaleigh

Hi everyone,

Ok so I've been dating thus girl for 6 months. We just broke up but I need some thought from you guys and gals. So the whole time I've been with her I've thought about breaking up with her, I didn't want to but every now and again I would feel like something was wrong. She was very selfish.i always had a good time with her as long as I was compromising. Long story short when I stopped compromising she had a fit and yelled and cried and hit her head on the ground. She told me she was diagnosed with. Bipolar2 and she didn't think she had it so she didn't take any meds but she started to. When ever I was with her I felt on eggshells a fair bit. I really like her but so,entires she makes me feel empty. Is dating so,done with bipolar 2 a hard thing, please help. Further more I am 33 I never lived with someone and the last 3 ,oaths she was living with me which is a massive step for me so u can say I like her. Advise guys

Thank you

You either accept her the way she is, or you move on. As I wrote in my other post, you need to learn as much as possible about the disorder and she needs to understand that she needs help (medicine & therapy) and she stays commited to it. If she doesn't see that this is needed for her to stay leveled and for the relationship to remain and grow, then there is nothing you can really do. You then need to decide what is best for you - being with her at any cost (walking on egshells, feeling empty) or walking away and finding someone who either has no mental issues or is willing to address and manage them.

She has started taking her medicine but what about therapy? Does she have a treatment plan?

I don't think she has a therapy plan. I saw her tonight and I missed her! She likes to drink and I don't see her giving it up I think it doesn't agree with her, I don't think she will get therapy,would it help her a lot, she isn't the most warmest people and every now and again did is very affectionate and then when she goes cold I feel empty, my head won't stop

Going in the am I doing the right thing circle

From what you describe in your post, you were unhappy in the relationship. My mother is bipolar, and I can tell you that loving her is very hard. This girl has randomly decided she is not bipolar and so is not taking her medications, but from what you describe she is definitely mentally ill.

Archived