How do I get motivated to do more tasks?

He regards your blood work as though you are simply getting a manicure/blow dry every week. I know there's 2 sides to every story but this man seems clueless and adamant that anything you have to say is irrational, untrue, or plain worthless.

You said earlier that you are not in the right frame of mind or emotionally strong enough to deal with divorce at the moment. This is a delusion, the more time you take to do something for yourself the weaker you are becoming. Your health is going to be at a standstill with no improvement if you continue to put yourself through this stress. I think marriage therapy will have minimal effect on him, and it won't last long. This man won't change, in fact the slim chance that he will will be when you have left him in the dust and he is forced to see the situation as it is.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, many men are nicer than this. My bf will do dishes/chores or run errands for me if I ask him to. If I tell him I'm stressed and need some space he respects that and lets me take care of myself. I can't imagine being with someone as disrespectful as your husband. It would really take a toll on my health and self-esteem.

There are plenty of nice men out there. My husband cooks ,does dishes ,does laundry , does yardwork etc etc... Don't instill fears in your children because your marriage is bad. That would cut them off from the joys of a happy union with another person. However at present you're not even close to teaching them how to have a happy union.

And no staying with this man is not going to give you time to make your health better. Every month you stay with him I can pretty much guarantee you your health gets worse.

I would've dusted his backside long time ago.

Make your children's lives more important and make your life more important and divorced the jerk.

There are plenty of nice men out there. My husband cooks ,does dishes ,does laundry , does yardwork etc etc... Don't instill fears in your children because your marriage is bad. That would cut them off from the joys of a happy union with another person. However at present you're not even close to teaching them how to have a happy union.

And no staying with this man is not going to give you time to make your health better. Every month you stay with him I can pretty much guarantee you your health gets worse.

I would've dusted his backside long time ago.

Make your children's lives more important and make your life more important and divorced the jerk.

I agree with this. If you divorce him you have a better chance of happiness than if you stay with him. You may even meet someone new who won't treat you like crap!

Archived