Third date? Maybe?

sibelius9

Basically this girl and I met because I told a mutual friend of ours that I felt attraction and she set up what would've been a blind date but then this lady and I got around to chatting and texting the day after our friend set it up.

The girl mentioned how excited and jittery she felt about meeting me because she had a good feeling about it. At this point we both feel mutual interest, which feels great. She then asked me if we could meet two days before the planned night of our blind date. I agreed and we met up and had an enjoyable albeit highly nervous ( and sporadically awkward) evening until we had too much to drink and it was time to go home.

She texted nice things the following morning and suggested we should meet again for dinner and wine for the following night. We agreed to this second date and it happened and it felt great. We're both still quite nervous in each others presence but it's starting to flow nicely. I dropped her off late that night and after listening to some music while parked at her door she thanked me for a " very, very, very lovely evening" and we hugged and kissed on the cheek at which point she said " we should do this again". I agreed and said good night. She waved goodbye from her door and I was gone.

When I got back to my place she texted me some reference about a film we were discussing during our dinner date and then she wrote " THANK YOU for such a lovely time ". I thanked her as well and wished her a good night sleep.

The next morning I had a Facebook message from her linking me to an article she wanted me to read and comment on ( something politically oriented which we both agree on and that had come up during dinner)...so I read and gave her my thoughts and thanked her for sharing. Later that she texted me that she would very much like to hear my work some day ( I am a musician) and I replied that of course she would. We then exchanged a few jokes over text and that was all.

Today I knew she was feeling very sick so I offered to take her anything she might need and she replied " that's very kind but I just really need to sleep a lot thank you though!" I then suggested that if she felt better after her nap and was up for something low key I could suggest something for us to do (I had a movie in mind) and her reply, hours after I sent that text, was:

" heya, thanks for the offer. i am gonna stay in bed. in fact, i haven't moved much and i'll be asleep soon so that i can try to run tomorrow morning to make up for today. have a lovely evening! " and that was that?

So lots of communication and two dates all in less than one week...can't complain BUT I'm not sure if she likes me! Could she? Am I to insist on a third date? I really like what I've seen so far ( and I told her and she turns red and giggles but won't say it back ). Is she on the fence? Was I out of place in suggesting any activity while she's under the weather? I meant well by that. Should I contact her again?

Any advice please! I really really like her and want to see where this goes. We have plenty in common and a nice time together. I could consider formal dating with her after a while now of being single by choice.

Thanks!

Be careful not to run before you can walk. If she was poorly then yes probably best not to have suggested going out but no big deal. From everything you say she does sound keen but try not to get too emotionally connected too soon. At this stage you are both very much deciding whether this connection has legs and it could go either way. I had a friend who always used to say six weeks and then six months were crucial lengths of time in any relationship. Trying not to use this awful cliche 'take it slow' which means different things to different people anyway but it sounds very promising. Be careful not to smother her at this early stage.

Oh and you can't insist you have a third date. No one can insist surely?

Archived