Returning the exes things

Heres something I've been pondering..

Hi for those of you who have read my posts, I'm one who got dumped by the man I was living with for 2 years suddenly a few weeks ago because he met someone he fancied at work.

He left his stupid ugly a** bicyle in my yard. I politely reminded him via text when he was moving his things out 'don't forget your bike!"No reponse. Then a week later I sent him an e mail "just a reminder, you forgot your bike, please pick it up sometime this week. The gate to the yard is open" No response. Then again this week e mail "please get your bike, I've asked you 3 times now" no response...

Is it ok to say I'll give you one more week to get your bike and then I'm giving it away. If it's still there and I've heard no objections in a week, its gone" ?

Actually, what I really want to do instead of having to contact him one more time and to get it out of my sight is put out on the curb (someone will take it in a second). Then only if he ever asks, I'll tell him someone stole it. I know thats not very nice...but I'm done going out of my way and being nice to that pathetic spineless little fraction of a man.

I think just say if you he doesn't get it that week you're going to get rid of it is fine. He's taking the piss if he's not replying to all your messages.

I still have a bunch of my exes things but I didn't want to see him and he didn't ask for the stuff so I've just got it in a box but I could happily throw it away now. If they treat you like dirt like that, screw it. Throw the stuff away.

Mine's still got some of my stuff and he's actually lied to me since saying he hasn't got it but I know he just threw it away because he didn't want that stuff. Scum bag.

Actually, what I really want to do instead of having to contact him one more time and to get it out of my sight is put out on the curb (someone will take it in a second). Then only if he ever asks, I'll tell him someone stole it. I know thats not very nice...but I'm done going out of my way and being nice to that pathetic spineless little fraction of a man.

Funny. I was thinking that you should do this upon reading your first post. What I was thinking is you send him an e-mail and tell him you're putting his stuff on the curb in X days with a sign that says "Free to good home". You've notified him and given him ample time.

Is it ok to say I'll give you one more week to get your bike and then I'm giving it away. If it's still there and I've heard no objections in a week, its gone" ?

One reminder would have been enough, he's an adult, and it's up to him to retrieve his belongings. No offense, but hopefully this is not an excuse to stay in contact with him.

Either way, I'd avoid contacting him, and after a few weeks go with the assumption that he doesn't want it.

I'm very happy I made you laugh

I don't want the stuff I left at his anyway. Infact I left a blanket there (I had recently brought some pillows and a blanket to his as he asked for this but upon seeing it there felt suffocated by "my things" sigh...). The blanket was actually one we used to put in the dogs bed that I think the dog probably peed on so I'm happy to leave that with him. But I know I also left some paintings there and he's most likely painted over them. I don't care about the paintings though, he was affecting my creativity so they're all **** anyway, like his art. Complete and utter balls. I actually got him into art university because I went myself and I did the interviews once so I know what they're looking for. Good luck with your balls art on your own scumbag. His art has no soul at all. It's just all patterns painted really badly and with no emotion just getting by on pretension and lack of ideas alone. He usually destroys most of the art he makes though, at least there's that. What a waste of space.

Anyway. I punched in some art he made me a while ago. When I last saw him he asked me if I wanted a painting he made of me. I do not want that. And I know he only wants me to have it because he doesn't want it anymore. It did not impress me at all. The man is in his own crazy world completely out of touch with reality riding on pure arrogance alone. One of these days he is going to realise no one wants to know him and it is because of the way he is. He just thinks everyone is **** and that's why he doesn't have any friends. Oh....whatever. I'm out of it now. I just wish I could get his crazy stupid face out of my head. Can you hit yourself in the head enough that you erase memories?

When I was in the kind of same situation, I took it to my own hands and drove all the ex stuff to his place and unloaded it, and then I was gone. So if you can - take his bike to his house and leave it there, then it will be over and you don't need to contact him anymore.

I know that bike was important to him and a little before we broke up he was going on and on about how he couldn't wait to start riding his bike to work when the weather got nice... So I wrote him one more e mail "This is the last time I'll remind you to get your bike out of my yard, if it's still there at the end of the week I'll be giving it away". Thankfully it was gone the next day when I got home from work. It had just been sitting in my tiny yard for weeks and it hurt to have to see it first thing every morning on my way out and every night first thing when I got home. I surely was not looking for any excuses to contact him. He lied, broke my heart and left me for someone else. I was annoyed that I had to remind him more than once at all to get his bike, really wanted to put it out on the curb in hopes someone would just take it, but ultimately decided to take the higher road and give him one more chance. It was inconsiderate of him to ignore my first attempt to get him to remove it and downright disrespectful to ignore my second.

On a positive note, that was the last of his things. It's done, over! no more reminders of the scum bag in my house so I can hopefully move on and heal from here more quickly.

Archived