Fiance is verbally abusive

LadyBe

My fiance is verbally abusive and disrespectful overall. Majority of the time he's whining or complaining about something. Everyday it's something. I admit, I'm a handful. What woman isn't? However, I'm at a breaking point. I honestly can say I don't want to be with this man, well boy I should say because that's exactly what he act like. I know I'm here because of our son, but I can no longer continue to be unhappy. Just today, my Grandmother who is deceased, birthday is today and it's just been one of those days for me and family. He showed no compassion whatsoever. My son and I left earlier to go to a balloon release for our Grandmother and when we returned all hell broke loose. I was already pissed because the screen door was locked. I have a two year old and had a hand full of things so of course I had my key prepared to open the door. Anyway long story short. The reason why the screen door was locked was because he plays war craft and star wars on the computer and he didn't want me to catch him. Locking the screen door gives him time to log off the games and etc. It's very childish. I'm tired of it. However, I had an attitude because like I said, I had a hand full of things along with son and it's cold outside. He just started yapping away calling me sorry and everything you can think of. I try not to yell in front of my son, but I did today. I replied, " you sorry"! Which he is and act as one. He about everything. He tells me don't call me out my name if you don't want to be call out of yours. My response was "really?" He has call me out my name on several occasions. I've been every bad word you can think of. Just very disrespectful. He's so disrespectful that he curses in front of my family. I've never cursed in front of my elders because for one, I have self respect. I told him don't curse in front of family, you wouldn't want me to do that in front of yours. He don't even curse in front of his parents because they're so holy. He's a son of Christians and a pastor. You wouldn't think this behavior would come from a person with his background. His parents are a sneaky mess though. They hate me for some reason I don't know. It use to bother because I'm a person that don't do anything to anybody and I used to always wonder why? I got over it once I sent his parents and his son that lives with them Christmas gifts and they never call to say thanks or I got it. Completely nothing, it was so weird. Oh yeah, his parents stay seven hours away. They have never seen our son. They expect their son to bring him to them. A two year old. I suppose to be his fiancee and they never called to say congratulations. Never call to check on him, no birthday calls, gifts or anything. These are suppose to be Christians. I have seen some of the worse people and they're nothing like them. What use to anger me was the fact that he does have three other children and one that lives with them and they're the best grandparents to them from my understanding. It's just so weird. I'm just tired, I can't do it anymore.

I honestly can say I don't want to be with this man

Then don't be. And don't marry him for the sake of the child, that never works and it just ends up with a miserable child caught in the middle as Mom and Dad war on against each other. You know what you have to do, so break it off and go see a lawyer about custody and child support issues and let the lawyer and the courts work that out. His verbal abuse is an early warning sign that other abuse may be on the way and it will likely continue to get worse and worse and he gets away with the name calling and verbal abuse. You already know he's not going to do anything to change, so why stay?

Yes I know. I tell myself this all the time. It's just time to go on with my life. Thanks for the tips. I have been seeking lawyers about custody because he always threatening me about taking our son to his parents. My biggest nightmare lol...

Archived