lonely 16 yr old lesbian need help!!!

I'm fairly new at being a lesbian. I only realized it about two years ago, and at the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the closet and out of my house.

My friends know I'm gay, and I'm open about it, but everybody assumes I'm straight because I don't have a buzz cut and I do wear women's clothing. I don't really know how to get the whole school to know without making an announcement over the intercom or something. Plus, my uncle is the principal of my school, and I don't want him to find out. I'm keeping my family out of it for now. For a number of reasons, it's better to wait until I'm out of the house and completely on my own financially.

The big problem is that I hardly know any other lesbians. I have nowhere to express my sexuality. (ew that sounded weird) Anyway, my school, like any other, is infested with straight people who are happy in their straight little world where no one is gay. Since I know very few lesbians, I can't even flirt with anyone.

It's not that I want to experiment or have sex just to have sex (what I really want is just to kiss my beautiful straight girl friend whom I've been in love with since the eighth grade, but that's another story...), it's just that I'm lonely and would like to meet people who I could potentially have a relationship with.

I know many girls are les or bi, but they never speak up! I even know a few, but not very well. There is this really sexy lesbian girl at school whom I've met but don't really know... and we both check each other out. She's got the sexiest personality too, and I should get to know her more.

So, to you older, more experienced people, how do I get some lesbian friends? And how should I talk to this sexy girl I just mentioned (who is graduating this year so I hardly have any time anyway)????

I may not be experianced with this but I know just what to do.

The big problem is that I hardly know any other lesbians. I have nowhere to express my sexuality. (ew that sounded weird) Anyway, my school, like any other, is infested with straight people who are happy in their straight little world where no one is gay. Since I know very few lesbians, I can't even flirt with anyone.

Believe me, that sounded anything but weird, you can accept your sexuality, other people can't; everybody has a way of dealing with this problem. Just the other day I figured out I might be bi, I'm still testing that theory but if certain people at my school knew that then I'd probably be a dead man the next day, no joke about it, imagine what it's like dealing with that.

It's not that I want to experiment or have sex just to have sex (what I really want is just to kiss my beautiful straight girl friend whom I've been in love with since the eighth grade, but that's another story...), it's just that I'm lonely and would like to meet people who I could potentially have a relationship with.

I would like to hear this story, if you want you can email me about it, just click on my email button. I myself have had my girlfirned for a while now, but if I was in your situation it would be just as tough.

I know many girls are les or bi, but they never speak up! I even know a few, but not very well. There is this really sexy lesbian girl at school whom I've met but don't really know... and we both check each other out. She's got the sexiest personality too, and I should get to know her more.

This sounds like a situation, all you really have to do is approach her about it and the flirting just comes naturally. If you don't just go forward and tell her you wanna go out with her or something then it's just gonna stay like this.

As for getting lesbian friends, you said your school was lacking but the only advice I can offer in this situation is if you go looking you'll probably fail, there are a lot of lesbians out there, but they're so deep in the closet that they deny it. Talk to the ones in your school and see what goes from there.

evenever, does your school have a gay/straight alliance or a similar club? They have one at my school, and straight people are in it too, so you wouldn't have to actually come out to your family or uncle if you joined. If you feel like they would still be suspicious, you could just tell them you joined another club or something. You can meet some other girls in your situation there, and who knows, maybe that other girl you like is in it. good luck!

We do have a GSA, and I'm in it, but only about four people come every week. We had about twenty at the first meeting, and they just stopped coming. The girl I mentioned was the leader for the first few meetings, but she stopped coming also. Which is weird because she was really motivated!

I missed the stuff that guy was saying. I find it amusing that homophobes make their way onto posts like these. People like that are probably the ones deepest in the closets themselves.

hmm, that is tough. I don't really have any suggestions then, Sorry. It sounds stupid, but I wouldn't look too hard. Usually when I'm looking for anything, there's something just as good or better right in front of me but I'm too busy looking the other way. If you really want to meet people, I'd say the mall as a last resort. All kinds of people from everywhere are always there, especially lately with holiday shopping and everything. Again, good luck.

Whoa that is so weird!you're like my clone or something...lol. Anyway, I'm kinda in the same situation myself, I mean not exactly the same, but pretty darn close! I'm 16 and I'm i've been in love with my best friend since gr 8. you should pm me and we'll swap ideas^^"

Neene

• 3 weeks later...