Thank you note sample for post interview

MyNinja

My interview took place this morning and I hit it out of the park! It wasn't as nerve wrecking as I made it out to be. Actually, the interviewer was more on the shy side and everything went smoothly.

Im going to send a thank you note tomorrow so hopefully he gets it Wednesday since it's in the same city.

This is what I'm planning on writing. Please tell me if it's good and appropriate. The job is a small retail customer service position.

Dear mr. (Insert interviewer's name),

Thank you for taking the time to interview me the other morning. I enjoyed your interviewing style as you made it very comfortable and relaxed. As it was outlined in our discussion, I feel I will be the ideal fit for your company being that I have such in depth and ever-changing experience in customer service affairs working with my current employer. I would be an excellent asset to your company because of that.

In addition, I will also hone in my natural leadership traits to keep your shop in high standing and reputation.

I am very interested in working for you and eagerly await your decision.

best regards, myninja

Keep the thank you note to what it is: a thank you. You have already told him that you would be an excellent asset to the company - that is what the interview was for. Throwing in any extra effort to get the job will take the email away from being a polite thanks to being yet another tactic to try and get the job.

Dear mr. (Insert interviewer's name),

Thank you for taking the time to interview me the other morning I enjoyed your interviewing style as you made it very comfortable and relaxed.

I am very interested in working for you and eagerly await your decision.

best regards, myninja

Something more like that.

Thank you for helping me with this. I took the original one to my current boss and showed him and he even said it was too wordy. He simplified it for me. It looks very similar to CeeLambrini's example.

I still don't think you need to tell anyone you enjoyed their interviewing style in a thank you letter. Please remove that sentence

I agree with reader that " I enjoyed your interviewing style as you made it very comfortable and relaxed," is over the top and unnecessary.

You don't need to tell them how they made you feel. The thank you letter seals the deal on how interested you are about working for them and how you appreciated them interviewing you.

Here's mine that is simple and to the point:

Dear [interviewer names]:

I want to thank you for meeting with me today. Learning more about the position solidified my interest in [company name]. I believe it is a place where I could really [mention what you plan to achieve]. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again and I'm hoping that soon I'll be on the [company's name] team.

Sincerely,

[your name]

Avoid making your letter too long and keep it at one paragraph. Otherwise, interviewers will see you are being desperate which can turn them off.

I have been given a job offer or asked to come back for a second interview partially because of this letter.

It's interesting because the interviewer mentioned he wanted to make it less conventional because he knows how stressful interviews are, so I just wanted to thank him for that (and my current boss whom gives interviews himself said it good I said that. It just gave it a personal touch) I already sent it Tuesday so thank you all

Archived