4 Month NC... And she sent a message.

I guess this is the famous breadcrumb... Last night all of a sudden I receive a message from her.

It said "Did you arrive?. I sent her a response saying "Why are you messaging me" to which she replied "I'm not '-' I didn't send you anything. I'm just playing on my phone". And then I ignored this last one.

Breadcrumbs I suppose ? When I received the message I got pretty startled but I'm fine again now. I guess she was trying to see if I was going to be friendly?

Sounds like she accidentally sent you a text meant for someone else?

I'd say it's time to either block her phone number or change your cell number. If she ever has anything IMPORTANT to say, she'll find a way.

She said she wasn't sending anything to anyone. I see no reason to block her number since I won't be calling her or anything.

She must be fibbing a little there, she obviously was messaging someone but accidentally sent it to you. Either way just ignore any future messages.

I suppose... I had my chance to start a conversation with her and instead I wanted to get rid of her. I'm proud of myself to see I feel this way towards her.

Could be a mistake.. Could be a fish she threw out for you to bait.. I had it happen to me once with a borderline disordered person that couldn't take me going no contact. She "accidentally" called and texted me multiple times. While in the time before and after she never did accidentally do anything.

That wasn't a mistake. I've seen (childish) people doing that. But you handled it nicely and you also got a chance to assess your feelings and emotions and you're in the right track.

It's fun to read when this happens. When the dumped is moving on and suddenly receives a 'random' contact from the Ex.

Yeah I don't think it was a "mistake" either. A couple months ago a friend told me she still keeps my number on her phone (I did not ask, he told me willingly). So it was most likely not a mistake.

It's funny though. It was a good "experience". I always thought to myself, "the day she contacts me I'm going to break apart", but I was completely "Wow ok it's her". Not that I want to talk to her again or be friends, I'm just glad to see I can handle the little things again.

relax... it was a text..dont overthink. You could of just deleted it and not thought of it any further. but you replied aggressively and now you are thinking about it.

it was a text it wasnt a proposal. fuhgetaboutit and move on

I will and I am I feel extremely light and my chest does not hurt anymore. She's not part of my daily basis anymore and life is amazing again.

That wasn't a mistake. I've seen (childish) people doing that. But you handled it nicely and you also got a chance to assess your feelings and emotions and you're in the right track.

It's fun to read when this happens. When the dumped is moving on and suddenly receives a 'random' contact from the Ex.

AGREE if you there hasn't been contact for 4 months, what is the likely hood that she "accidentally" messaged you - you wouldn't be in her recent history . .she probably did that hoping you'd respond . . I've done that before... before GROWING UP!!

AGREE if you there hasn't been contact for 4 months, what is the likely hood that she "accidentally" messaged you - you wouldn't be in her recent history . .she probably did that hoping you'd respond . . I've done that before... before GROWING UP!!

That's what crossed my mind. But nonetheless, I'm moving on The worst is gone!

Archived