Chocolates and alcohol make me so happy

diamondhead

When I drink alcohol, I am a different person, I react differently to people. I make jokes which I never do when I am sober. I flirt, laugh openly and have fun.

I can't have fun without alcohol. I am so dull. And people think I am boring.

And of course chocolates. I buy loads of chocolates. They make me so happy as well.

Interesting observation. If you want a healthy relationship you need to be able to interact without using alcohol or similar substances. Takes more work and effort to get to that place but I think it's worth it as far as being able to find real friendships and romantic relationships. Depends on your priorities.

Alcohol reduces inhibitions. so you might have a bit of social anxiety if you are clammed up when sober, that you can work to understand techniques to relax and become less inhibited and more sociable when sober.

Also, keep in the mind that alcohol makes EVERYONE think they are funny, charming, interesting etc., when frankly people who are sober will perceive those drunks as annoyingly loud, intrusive, obnoxious and boorish. So you may THINK you're fabulous when drunk, while others may find it just plain annoying unless they are drunk as well.

haahaha...i always thought i danced so much better when i was drinking...and my sister just said i looked more stupid! huh???

But remember...alcohol is a depressant. I found that one glass of wine could lower my inhibitions, but if i drank much more, and something upset me, I'd crash and burn.

If i was in a disturbing relationship/having problems...alcohol was a BIG NO NO!

Now chocolates on the other hand.........

Archived